OT: Providence RI

I'm shocked someone hasn't made a Drake, the rapper, joke.

Congrats, [MENTION=8076]apfenny3[/MENTION]! If you have an eye toward a coaching career, consider going to the school with the best coaching tree and network.

Advertisement
Was out in Providence last night. Great nightlife. I live about 15 minutes from Providence so if you have any questions about the area I'd be happy to help.

I've actually been to both. Being an East Coast guy I would probably prefer Bryant for the culture but I think Drake is more dedicated to football. Drake has a nice field and Des Moines is not too bad, but country to say the least.

[MENTION=8076]apfenny3[/MENTION],

As others have pointed out, Bryant is a highly respected business school, and Providence is a decent place to go to school. You are also a stone's throw from the greatest franchise in NFL history (they actually used to hold training camp at Bryant College). RI is a tiny state but there are some appealing aspects to it including Newport and its proximity to Boston--the pothole and ****** road capitol of the world).

Got an offer from Bryant University just outside of Providence and visited over the weekend. Trying to decide between there and Drake in the next few days and wondered if anyone here was familiar with the school or the Providence area.

Who is recruiting you at Bryant?
The new head coach James Perry, just came over from Princeton where he was the OC

Advertisement
Got an offer from Bryant University just outside of Providence and visited over the weekend. Trying to decide between there and Drake in the next few days and wondered if anyone here was familiar with the school or the Providence area.

The new head coach James Perry, just came over from Princeton where he was the OC

I believe Perry played at Brown under Phil Estes, a former Mark Whipple assistant.
He was a QB if I'm not mistaken.
He also worked for Ralph Friedgen at Maryland as a GradAsst.
I think he has a chance to be a pretty good coach.

I believe Perry played at Brown under Phil Estes, a former Mark Whipple assistant.

I do too, his offense at Princeton broke nearly all of the Ivy league records

We get Ivy League football in our part of the country and I watch some of their games on
occasion.
Princeton runs a pretty nice offense.
They run a little of everything from different sets.
Lots of highlights of their 2016 season on YouTube.

We get Ivy League football in our part of the country and I watch some of their games on
occasion.
And, this is why you're the go-to guy for any coaching hire process. Never encountered a message board poster with more intricate knowledge of the coaching network. You've been doing it for 2 decades. Thanks.

Advertisement

Really good new staff they've put together. I'm familiar with a couple of the guys from the convention, they would be a great choice for you

occasion.
And, this is why you're the go-to guy for any coaching hire process. Never encountered a message board poster with more intricate knowledge of the coaching network. You've been doing it for 2 decades. Thanks.

Thanks LuCane.
That is awfully generous, but I'm sure there are other fellow no-life football geeks out there as well.
LOL.

why dont you consult with Richt and staff. i am sure they can be very helpful. good luck to you. cane for life!

My girl goes to bryant. I've been many times. It's a very small school. All the classes are held in one building which can be good in the winter. Providence is 20 minutes away. All parties are held on campus in townhouses. Like 80% live on campus all 4 years. So it's a sheltered school. Smithfield is super boring, nothing is around in 10 minutes. Like 2 bars off campus, ppl rarely go into providence for parties.
But it's a good school for business and the girls are pretty good looking.

Just have low expectations cause I doubt it will be a 1/10 of your 4 years at Miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree 80% of the partying takes place on campus which makes it convenient, as a poster mentioned the winters are rough in Rhode Island.

LMAO, about who has the thicker coed's the ladies in Smithfield can handle their business big or skinny. An the Rhode Island local women are only second to Jersey Girls on the I am open to and willing to do just about anything scale.

Go Canes

I grew up 10 minutes from Bryant...Rhode Island is actually quite nice. I'd live there over Iowa ANY FRIGGIN DAY. I don't know much about Drake, but Bryant is ok. Has a solid business education reputation. Overall, it's fine.

I agree 80% of the partying takes place on campus which makes it convenient, as a poster mentioned the winters are rough in Rhode Island.

LMAO, about who has the thicker coed's the ladies in Smithfield can handle their business big or skinny. An the Rhode Island local women are only second to Jersey Girls on the I am open to and willing to do just about anything scale.

Go Canes

My bad on the down vote.

Advertisement
Back