OT: Program Changing Athletes

ZuCrew

Sophomore
As I scroll through the messages boards and see some of us lose our **** because a player goes elsewhere the thought came to mind, Do any of these guys have the potential to be program changing athletes?

What I mean by that is the program before they came and the program after they left. For me, in recent memory, I look to RGIII and Baylor. Remember how Baylor was an after thought in terms of college football in Texas before he got there? Seriously, nobody was going to Baylor to play ball.

After RGIII won a the Heisman they gained credibility, a new football stadium and a general makeover of the football program. Changed the whole trajectory of the program. Look at them now. What others would y’all say?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Richard Young looks like a program changer.....also that QB at the elite event thatade the throws look effortless ......I forgot his name but the last name sounds like immaleaverher.

Advertisement
Facts after they saw the real RG3 they was like...oh yea this guy is the brains of the operation. Program changers are dudes like Faulk or Dalvin Cook etc Julio Jones. Those are program changers imo.
I’m still of the belief he got a raw deal on Washington. Remember he took the cluster**** formally known as the Redskins to 10-6 and a playoff birth.

I was wondering how before his name popped up. That’s an argument but he’s not changing jack unless he convinces RGIII to follow him from Houston to Baylor.
RGIII played on losing teams before Briles.

He's the best offensive mind and program builder of his generation.

It's not even close.

Facts after they saw the real RG3 they was like...oh yea this guy is the brains of the operation. Program changers are dudes like Faulk or Dalvin Cook etc Julio Jones. Those are program changers imo.
Jones was huge.
Baga's 09 team was nowhere near as deep and telented as the subsequent versions.

Huge commit and big recruiting win for them that got the ball rolling, and on the field too.

Advertisement
RGIII played on losing teams before Briles.

He's the best offensive mind and program builder of his generation.

It's not even close.
Yeeeea, he played on losing team with Briles as the HC. After he broke out, recruiting went up and the rest is history.

Advertisement
Hmmm, so easy between 1903-1980, they had exactly 1 ten win easy so I wouldn’t exactly say “easy”.
Yeah I was talking the last decade not 1947. 3 HC have had 10 win seasons in the last decade all after taking over down teams

Advertisement
Back