OT: Possible First Female in P5 this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is ******* dumb. The whole spectacle is ******* dumb. That was a pathetic kick. The twits posting "yass queen!!! I'm literally crying rn" are ******* pathetic.
I only saw the 1 kick and it was horrid. This was definitely publicity driven because if that’s how she kicks a football, there has to be a number of kids on campus who can do better.

Advertisement
Smh. And you were almost doing well.

- I never said what happened yesterday was good for the sport, or sports in general, throughout this thread I’ve made my position known.
- your point went into crazy/tinfoil hat/talk radio/cult territory when you couldn’t resist bringing extremism to simple disagreement.

as for your edit. Exhale...

I’ve never minded when a team takes a penalty ON ITSELF to honor a teammate/coach … but that horse**** of allowing special needs kids to score touchdowns where the other athletes stand around and watch is THE ******* DEFINITION OF FARCICAL SPORT. NOTHING MAKES ME TURN THE CHANNEL FASTER. And, then race to send it in to all the media outlets, because…groundbreaking...and look at how wonderful we are. The fact that you not only compare the two, but actually elevate the contrived over the replacement is inconsistent to the point of absurdity.
I'm talking about 8 year old kids getting a moment before they die on a youth field, not something on TV.

As far as cult territory goes, it all starts somewhere. there is always a first step. Things dont go from great to shiit in an instant, it is a course of events usually each in their own right small steps and not that big a deal but add up to real problems. an example that keeps thigs in the world that wont get me banned on this site is targeting. We just want to promote player safety has turned into a real problem for playing the game most of us on here love. there will be another step coming and it will get worse until eventually the game will be ruined.

You don't think athletes like Ali, Jim Brown, Kareem, etc, should be celebrated? Whoever told you that sports & activism were mutually exclusive has unfortunately misled you. Smh

The only question is whether these athletes are well informed, and willing to take a principled stance.
There is no place for activism of any kind on the field of play. Off the field, do your thing. I don't recall Lew demanding a dwarfs get to play college hoops.

I only saw the 1 kick and it was horrid. This was definitely publicity driven because if that’s how she kicks a football, there has to be a number of kids on campus who can do better.
there only was the one kick. shut out so no pats, could not kick a 20 yrd fg so no attempts, lost the coin toss and had to kick off in the second half.

Advertisement
I'm talking about 8 year old kids getting a moment before they die on a youth field, not something on TV.

As far as cult territory goes, it all starts somewhere. there is always a first step. Things dont go from great to shiit in an instant, it is a course of events usually each in their own right small steps and not that big a deal but add up to real problems. an example that keeps thigs in the world that wont get me banned on this site is targeting. We just want to promote player safety has turned into a real problem for playing the game most of us on here love. there will be another step coming and it will get worse until eventually the game will be ruined.
- that’s the very definition of the “everybody gets a trophy mentality“. Why does this dying 8 year old deserve a sport moment? Why not the other kid with asthma? Where does it end?

Your ”cult” definition suffers from reasoning dyslexia. You’re projecting blame instead of looking in the mirror and learning why you see yourself as a perpetual victim — waiting for some prophesied “inevitable“ doomsday. That’s why you latch on to the inferiority shield of “…I see it and it’s coming to ruin my fragile (fill in the blank)”...

Progress requires a first step, conspiracy requires a first false equivalency, and your posts are riddled them.

There is no place for activism of any kind on the field of play. Off the field, do your thing. I don't recall Lew demanding a dwarfs get to play college hoops.
Which activism? The activism you like or the activism you don’t? Because the “dying” 8 year old example you gave is, well, activism. As is the example of the self-penalty …

How do you not see this?

Advertisement
Nothing but A publicity stunt... the kick was garbage but I’m not gonna judge off 1 kick. If I had a daughter I would have been super proud.

i would much rather find the best person to fill the position.

Since Vandy doesn't have a boys soccer team does this mean boys can try out for the girls soccer team next year?

You don't think athletes like Ali, Jim Brown, Kareem, etc, should be celebrated? Whoever told you that sports & activism were mutually exclusive has unfortunately misled you. Smh

The only question is whether these athletes are well informed, and willing to take a principled stance.
Ali, Jim Brown, Kareem actually were great athletes that couldn’t be denied because of their skin color....There is no comparison. This chick sucks! And What was the activism part that is comparable to what Ali, Jim Brown, Kareem accomplished?.... To say they let a female play? She doesn’t have the skill to be on that field. Period.... If she did then it would be comparable And meaningful......

Advertisement
Which activism? The activism you like or the activism you don’t? Because the “dying” 8 year old example you gave is, well, activism. As is the example of the self-penalty …

How do you not see this?
Must not be a parent to not see the value in giving a moment to a child vs a “movement”.

One of the first female kickers to have a chance was at Duke, Heather Mercer, she kicked in high school. My old high school coach, cut her, she sued the school. After playing for him, I just don't think he discriminated - he would have put an alien on the field if he thought it would help win a game.

Must not be a parent to not see the value in giving a moment to a child vs a “movement”.
You’re missing the fact that your “moment” is in fact a “movement” for someone else (and vice versa), parenthood has nothing to do with it. It’s that shred of understanding -which you tend to miss- that is the focus of almost everything upon we disagree.

Because what you just described above^^^ is the essence of “everybody gets a trophy”. Or, only certain children are deserving of having that ”moment” bestowed upon them? Your child? Neighbors child?

Again, if I go by solely your words above^^^ then you actually agree with this girl/woman-child getting her “moment”.

Advertisement
One of the first female kickers to have a chance was at Duke, Heather Mercer, she kicked in high school. My old high school coach, cut her, she sued the school. After playing for him, I just don't think he discriminated - he would have put an alien on the field if he thought it would help win a game.
Because, of course, you, the great arbiter of who’s discriminated against, would know. That settles it.

Fwiw their punter was listed as a kicker on one of the top high school teams in the country.

I read that she tried out last week. The whole thing is ******* pathetic, I'm sorry. I'm all for playing her if she didn't completely suck *** but I could kick it way better left footed.

Is this not great news for men’s programs that have been subject to cuts?

Football can now be classified as a co-ed sport for Title IX purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back