OT: Possible First Female in P5 this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Gender equality, right? It can’t be one sided. Furthermore, there’s this tidbit:

This is what happens when.....u know what? I don’t wanna be banned so I’ll just keep my opinion to myself.

Why can't women be empowered without pretending to live in a genderless society? It's possible to celebrate gender differences, without resorting to sexism & discrimination. There are many things that women can do, that men can't do, and the inverse is also true.

World Track (formerly IAAF) has been fighting this battle since 1993. There have been arguments from tons of lawyers and doctors for track to rid the sport of these competitors. IAAF required them to take meds that suppressed their testosterone production but IAAF later lost in court. As for the results of that loss…just look to the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil.

RankLaneAthleteNationTimeNotes
1st place, gold medalist(s)
31:55.28NR
2nd place, silver medalist(s)
51:56.49
3rd place, bronze medalist(s)
22px-Flag_of_Kenya.svg.png
Kenya
1:56.89PB
Gold - Caster Semenya (many know the story)
Silver - Niyonsaba - 2019, it was revealed that Niyonsaba was born with the 46,XY karyotype and an intersex condition after her qualification for IAAFwomen's competition was affected by the association's new regulations for athletes with XY disorders of *** development, testosterone levels above 5 nmol/L, and androgen sensitivity.[7][8]
Bronze - WambuI - 2019, it was revealed that Wambui was born with the 46,XY karyotype and an intersex condition after her qualification for IAAF women's competition was affected by the association's new regulations for athletes with XY disorders of *** development, testosterone levels above 5 nmol/L, and androgen sensitivity.[7][8]

Yes, the top three medalists all had “issues”

- 2017 IAAF World Championships in Athletics. Same result; however, American Ajee Wilson nearly breaks the American record, gets 3rd, to push Wambui to 4th

- all 3 athletes were removed from competition before 2019 Worlds. The way the IAAF were able to this legally was really by kicking the proverbial can down in distance - from now on (or until a different ruling) they can’t compete over 200m. This has to do with the Dutee Chand case

In June 2014, she won two gold medals at Asian Junior Athletics Championships in 200 metres and 4 × 400 m relays. In the 200 m event she bettered her previous timing to 23.74 secs and hoping to get qualified for the Commonwealth Games but Chand was dropped from the 2014 Commonwealth Games contingent at the last minute after the Athletic Federation of India stated that hyperandrogenism made her ineligible to compete as a female athlete.[16][17] Following Commonwealth Games she was also dropped from the Indian contingent for the 2014 Asian Games. There has been no suggestion that Chand has been involved in cheating or doping—the decision was made in compliance with International Olympic Committee (IOC) regulations on “female hyperandrogenism” designed to address a perceived advantage for female athletes with high androgen levels. The decision has been condemned by Australian intersex advocates.[18] The Athletic Federation of India and IAAF's actions were widely criticised as an affront to Chand's privacy and human rights.[19]

2015 testosterone rule change[edit]​

Chand appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). The Canadian law firm Davies, Ward, Philips & Vineberg, LLP represented her on a pro bono basis. The IAAF policy on hyperandrogenism, or high natural levels of testosterone in women, was suspended following the case of Dutee Chand v. Athletics Federation of India (AFI) & The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), in the Court of Arbitration for Sport, decided in July 2015.[21] The ruling found that there was a lack of evidence provided that testosterone increased female athletic performance and notified the IAAF that it had two years to provide the evidence.[22][23][24] This effectively removed the suspension of Chand from competition, clearing her to race again.[25]

Why can't women be empowered without pretending to live in a genderless society? It's possible to celebrate gender differences, without resorting to sexism & discrimination. There are many things that women can do, that men can't do, and the inverse is also true.
I agree; but u’re talking about something I’m not even remotely arguing or saying.

It’s impossible to be in a “genderless society” b/c there are genders!

Let me stop; b/c u’re talking about something totally different than the subject

Advertisement
I agree; but u’re talking about something I’m not even remotely arguing or saying.

It’s impossible to be in a “genderless society” b/c there are genders!

Let me stop; b/c u’re talking about something totally different than the subject

My fault my G, for not being specific. I was agreeing with many of the things you said in this thread

Sports is supposed to be the ultimate meritocracy. That little girl should be out there kicking if she is the best person available to do it. Based on her performance I’d guess there were 60+ players dressed for the game that were more deservin*of the opportunity and several thousand men and women on campus more capable.

how long before every team has a quota to fill of genders and nationalities?

Advertisement
Pretty sure Colorado had a female K on the roster several years ago. Was her name Katie? Some dopey white chick name like that.
Katie Nita (Nida?)

After leaving the Buffs squad (she dressed out for bowl games) I think she kicked a scored FG for some team in Southwest--New Mexico or Arizona somewhere? I'm too lazy to look it up.

Sports is supposed to be the ultimate meritocracy. That little girl should be out there kicking if she is the best person available to do it. Based on her performance I’d guess there were 60+ players dressed for the game that were more deservin*of the opportunity and several thousand men and women on campus more capable.

how long before every team has a quota to fill of genders and nationalities?
This is a stupid take, directly from pearl-clutching, outrage class.

Advertisement
This is a stupid take, directly from pearl-clutching, outrage class.
So you think she was the best kicker with eligability at Vanderbilt?

you used proper English and good spelling so I know you are smarter than that.

when teams and players are celebrated for doing things outside of the competitive nature of the game that is bad for sports. Point blank period end of story. It takes a step down the path of ruining sports in general.

edit- the obvious exception is when a coach or player dies and they take the field a man short, or in a lower level sport where they do something for a special needs child.

So you think she was the best kicker with eligability at Vanderbilt?

you used proper English and good spelling so I know you are smarter than that.

when teams and players are celebrated for doing things outside of the competitive nature of the game that is bad for sports. Point blank period end of story. It takes a step down the path of ruining sports in general.

edit- the obvious exception is when a coach or player dies and they take the field a man short, or in a lower level sport where they do something for a special needs child.
Smh. And you were almost doing well.

- I never said what happened yesterday was good for the sport, or sports in general, throughout this thread I’ve made my position known.
- your point went into crazy/tinfoil hat/talk radio/cult territory when you couldn’t resist bringing extremism to simple disagreement.

as for your edit. Exhale...

I’ve never minded when a team takes a penalty ON ITSELF to honor a teammate/coach … but that horse**** of allowing special needs kids to score touchdowns where the other athletes stand around and watch is THE ******* DEFINITION OF FARCICAL SPORT. NOTHING MAKES ME TURN THE CHANNEL FASTER. And, then race to send it in to all the media outlets, because…groundbreaking...and look at how wonderful we are. The fact that you not only compare the two, but actually elevate the contrived over the replacement is inconsistent to the point of absurdity.

Advertisement

You don't think athletes like Ali, Jim Brown, Kareem, etc, should be celebrated? Whoever told you that sports & activism were mutually exclusive has unfortunately misled you. Smh

The only question is whether these athletes are well informed, and willing to take a principled stance.

This is ******* dumb. The whole spectacle is ******* dumb. That was a pathetic kick. The twits posting "yass queen!!! I'm literally crying rn" are ******* pathetic.

You don't think athletes like Ali, Jim Brown, Kareem, etc, should be celebrated? Whoever told you that sports & activism were mutually exclusive has unfortunately misled you. Smh

The only question is whether these athletes are well informed, and willing to take a principled stance.
Throw in George Foreman too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back