OT: Podcasts

SixSZN

Redshirt Freshman
I'm moving from Minnesota to Washington soon and have almost 30 hours of driving ahead of me, anybody here listen to podcasts and have any recommendations for me?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I like Bill O Reillys podcast. Guy is pretty funny and has a ton of guests on all the time

Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History is great. Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd podcasts for Sports Talk. Also check out "You Must Remember This" for a History of Hollywood from 1900-2000, really entertaining especially the Charlie Manson series.

If you like Malcolm Gladwell, he just released a 10-part podcast series called "Revisionist History."

For a long drive, you might want to checkout Serial.

My regular non-sports podcasts are Planet Money, Hidden Brain, and 538.

Listen to Bill Burrs 'Monday Morning Podcast'. All on YouTube. Depending on political leanings,"Louder with Crowder" is a good one.

Advertisement
The History of Rome is like 170+ eps. Mike Duncan. Very good. His Revolutions podcast is good as well, though I prefer antiquity.

Hardcore History as well. Eps runs from 2-4+ hours. Pretty incomparable on a content/presentation front. Fantastic stuff.

History on Fire is also good.

Miami Huddlecast has Kelvin Harris hosting usually. They'll probably do a GT pregame ep this week.

Drink Champs podcast with NORE & DJ Efn... (Rap podcast with legendary rappers telling amazing stories, extremely funny)

Marc Maron's WTF Podcast (If you're into standup comedy)

JRE: Joe Rogan Experience (covers everything from comedy, to MMA, to basically any & every topic)

The Black Phillip show (Patrice O'neal's relationship show, it's on Ytube, it's about 6 years old since he passed away, but it's still my personal favorite)

Advertisement
Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History is great. Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd podcasts for Sports Talk. Also check out "You Must Remember This" for a History of Hollywood from 1900-2000, really entertaining especially the Charlie Manson series.

Good ears, CAT5. That's a fantastic podcast, but you've really gotta be a fan of Hollywood and pop culture through history.

99% Invisible is cool, explores the "hidden" design elements/history/architecture of the world around us (e.g. the design of US currency, the origin of the fortune cookie).

The "Herd" with Colin is great
Ted Talks have different subjects to choose from
Freakinomics is also a good one

I just can not list to Cainsinsight.com needs more energy. Ask the kids questions that can not be answered by yes or no. Don't answer for them. Need another guy on to have the dialog flow better.

Advertisement
Back