OT: Please pray for my mother

Advertisement
She went in for a colonoscopy and they found a cancerous tumor in her colon. It is well differentiated colorectal adenocarcinoma. We are waiting on the results of tests to determine if it has spread. In the event that it has not spread, the doctors have said that they would then remove the mass via laparoscopic surgery.

My mom's name is Maya and she is 78. Up until this, she has had a history of perfect health. She has always watched her diet and has been playing competitive tennis from as far as I can remember through the present. This is obviously a huge shock to my family and it has been difficult to for me to wrap my head around. I recently lost my dad in August which makes this especially difficult. We are all staying strong and my mom has a rock solid support group as we are a tightly knit family. I never thought I would be posting something like this yet here I am and I humbly ask for your thoughts and prayers. Thank you all so very much!

I don't even know what button emoji to use for this one. Just wanna show some luv ur way. Your post just bummed me out so I can imagine what ur going thru

Advertisement
She went in for a colonoscopy and they found a cancerous tumor in her colon. It is well differentiated colorectal adenocarcinoma. We are waiting on the results of tests to determine if it has spread. In the event that it has not spread, the doctors have said that they would then remove the mass via laparoscopic surgery.

My mom's name is Maya and she is 78. Up until this, she has had a history of perfect health. She has always watched her diet and has been playing competitive tennis from as far as I can remember through the present. This is obviously a huge shock to my family and it has been difficult to for me to wrap my head around. I recently lost my dad in August which makes this especially difficult. We are all staying strong and my mom has a rock solid support group as we are a tightly knit family. I never thought I would be posting something like this yet here I am and I humbly ask for your thoughts and prayers. Thank you all so very much!
Prayers up brother .

Advertisement
I want to thank you all from the very bottom of my heart! Your kind words, thoughts and prayers mean more than I can express.

I also want to say that though some of us may fight like cats and dogs sometimes because that's what it's like being a fan, in the end none of that really matters and I would like to think that we are all family here. Canesinsight is a special place and I consider you all my friends and if there is anything you need or any way that I may be of any help or encouragement please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. Thank you all once again! Thanks @DMoney for having this amazing place for all of us savages to hang out at since no one else would have us lol. God Bless!

Last edited:
Prayers sent

And a little advice, my grandmother also had colon cancer later in life. While they removed the cancer and it had not spread we found out after the fact that general anesthesia for older people can bring on dementia quicker than it would otherwise.

Speak with the doctors and keep an eye on your mom.

God bless

Prayers sent

And a little advice, my grandmother also had colon cancer later in life. While they removed the cancer and it had not spread we found out after the fact that general anesthesia for older people can bring on dementia quicker than it would otherwise.

Speak with the doctors and keep an eye on your mom.

God bless
Yes sir! Thank you for that advice. Will do! God bless!

Done.

Advertisement

Prayers for your mom (Maya) brother. 🙏

Advertisement

**** sorry to hear that. You probably got a lot going on, but let us know how things go when you can.

Fwiw I've got Crohn's. Fighting it for 20 years. Been hospitalized 4 times. Right now I'm ****ting blood and mucus. The Dr been telling me I need a colonoscopy for months. Had them lots of them done. But this is the first time I've been uneasy about it, so I keep putting it off. Reading your post really makes me think.. maybe its time. I really do hope everything works out for you guys.

**** sorry to hear that. You probably got a lot going on, but let us know how things go when you can.

Fwiw I've got Crohn's. Fighting it for 20 years. Been hospitalized 4 times. Right now I'm ****ting blood and mucus. The Dr been telling me I need a colonoscopy for months. Had them lots of them done. But this is the first time I've been uneasy about it, so I keep putting it off. Reading your post really makes me think.. maybe its time. I really do hope everything works out for you guys.
Thanks and will keep you posted. Sorry to hear about the Crohn's. That's a nasty little disease/condition. Have a buddy that has it. As far as putting the colonoscopy off, bro I totally get it because I'm the King of putting off medical procedures. The thing is that as much as it might suck, you are much better off at least knowing what it is you're going up against! So I would encourage you to go do it(Do as I say not as I do lol). You never know man. It may be the best decision you ever make. Whatever you do I'll be praying for you man! Keep up the good fight my friend! You can and will beat it!

Last edited:

The best to you.

Advertisement
Back