OT: Penn State Sanctions Reduced

The NCAA announced on Tuesday morning that Penn State will begin having its football scholarship levels restored to the normal 85-player limit, starting with 20 incoming scholarships and 75 overall in 2014-15 and rising incrementally to full amounts by 2016-17. That's two years earlier than PSU could've had a full roster under the original sanctions.

According to the NCAA, the move was recommended by Sen. George Mitchell, the integrity monitor assigned to Penn State and precipitated by Penn State's continuing compliance with its sanctions handed down last year and the tasks assigned to it to help rebuild the program...
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/24/4766106/penn-state-football-ncaa-sanctions

I am going to be beyond livid if we get anything more than time served at this point. Frankly they should apologize to us for the trouble they put us through and give us extra scholarships.

Advertisement
LMAO. If they even try to hit us with more than minimal penalties I might have a seizure. Ped St. had continued compliance? What were we doing when the NCAA just sat back and tried to ***** us every way imaginable?

Again, we took free drinks and gifts. They raped children.

If I were USC I would be livid

I think the NCAA is starting to break at seams. Look at the documentary coming out about Adrain Foster and how he had to take money to survive. I think they are seeing that everyone is breaking the rules and everything needs to be looked at. That being said, they still hate us.

Advertisement
So a politician recommended that their sanctions be reduced, and the ncaa just said, "OK"? LILZ

"The executive committee's decision to restore football scholarship opportunities for more student-athletes at Penn State is an important recognition of the university's progress -- and one I know it was pleased to make," Emmert said.

I would agree they have made tremendous progress in the area of preventing child rape and not covering it up in the event it did occur in the last 14 months. Kudos Penn St....kudos!

The NCAA could have walked away from our case. Instead they choose to dig in and fight. Now they are revisiting Penn State and reducing sanctions instead of finishing our mess.

Penn State, you go twice before Miami goes once.

"The executive committee's decision to restore football scholarship opportunities for more student-athletes at Penn State is an important recognition of the university's progress -- and one I know it was pleased to make," Emmert said.

I would agree they have made tremendous progress in the area of preventing child rape and not covering it up in the event it did occur in the last 14 months. Kudos Penn St....kudos!

Extremely funny. The people involved are also dead, fired, resigned or in prison.

Advertisement
Shalala sez..........................................................................................................................we skate

C'mon man, be fair. Child rapes are trending down on the Ped St. campus over the past 14 months.

as far as we know.

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas
NCAA receptionist: "Uh, Dr. Emmert, Donna Shalala on line two. She'd like to know how you decided on Penn State twice before Miami once."

Always spot on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Tbh at this point I don't even return the calls of the NCAA if I'm Miami.

It's beyond a joke.

I try and act surprised. But the NCAA is on a witch hunt to ***** us over

This is irrelevant to us

The only progress is YOU DON'T DO IT ANYMORE

Extremely funny. The people involved are also dead, fired, resigned or in prison.

You just can't make this stuff up. It's Unreal.

Advertisement
Back