OT - Oregon TE Dies After Hitting Head on Rock Slides

Advertisement
What a shame….life is so precious, enjoy every moment you have.

Rest In Peace, young man

Mario knows the kid is dead and can't read this yet he is addressing him as though he'll see it.

Rubs me the wrong way.

If somebody you care about dies I'm not sure the move is to have first person interactions with them on Twitter.

Maybe just me but oh well.

You rub me the wrong way.

It is you.

Some men have a different way to communicate than what you are accustomed to. I’m sorry if that makes you uncomfortable, but that’s just the way it is. If you know you know. Obviously you haven’t been around much.

Mario knows the kid is dead and can't read this yet he is addressing him as though he'll see it.

Rubs me the wrong way.

If somebody you care about dies I'm not sure the move is to have first person interactions with them on Twitter.

Why would you summarily conclude that because he addressed this young man on twitter, he must be doing nothing else?

You lack perspective in life and are short sighted.

I think it’s safer to conclude that the same way Mario recruits (relentless, genuine, and personal) is the same way he treats a recruit after a tragedy. I’d be shocked if CMC isn’t hurting right now. And a single tweet doesn’t negate that.

Advertisement

Rubs me the wrong way.

WT**** is wrong with you?!?! This is CIS and I know I have read some stupid ****, but seriously, this ranks up there with some of the stupidest **** I have ever had the displeasure of reading.

WT**** is wrong with you?!?! This is CIS and I know I have read some stupid ****, but seriously, this ranks up there with some of the stupidest **** I have ever had the displeasure of reading.
Dude, I just thought it was weird.

I've never reached out to anybody that just passed away via Twitter.

Apparently, you find it appropriate?

Through loss I’ve experienced in my life, the superficial condolences always irked me and it’s developed in to a bit of a petpeeve.

When I have struggled with the loss of a close one, especially those lost unexpectedly (like this) it got under my skin when people would join in on the social trend to be a part of a group by just telling me “prayers to you and your family” meanwhile I am actually struggling in real life, and believe in the power of prayer. I always felt like I could really use genuine real life prayer, but if your saying it just to say it and be seen that your saying it, I never took to kindly to that while I was grieving.

Same issue when a friend passes away in highschool, and next thing you know the whole school is showing up at the funeral. Didn’t know him or the family, but they show up just to be seen there and to be able to post on their socials that they did it.

Say a real prayer, send some flowers or keepsakes, contribute to a related cause in some way... but (I feel like) posting a gif saying “prayers” on social media or a Miami Hurricanes page is just fake. And isn’t usually genuinely appreciated by those grieving.

But I digress, continue as you will.
I feel this , I really do.

Advertisement
Dude, I just thought it was weird.

I've never reached out to anybody that just passed away via Twitter.

Apparently, you find it appropriate?

Maybe u’re tone deaf, but literally everyone uses social media to convey thoughts. Sometimes friends & family see the outpouring of love from friends, family, in some cases fans via social media, & it gives them a sense of pride, joy, relief that their dead loved one impacted lives to receive these msgs.

I’m not sure if u’re new to CIS or if this is a burner account, but ur post was one the most asinine I’ve seen in a minute. If that’s how u feel, I suggest u join every player, fan, staff, person’s twitter or IG page & spew that same energy b/c it literally happens every time. Let me know what responses u get when u comment on a mother’s tweet “I’ll miss u baby; u’re my rock, God got u now.” Im sure that’s weird to u, too. FOH

Too young. Rest In Peace.

Staying out of the right way to offer condolences debate, other than to say, I’m not sure most people know what to do or say in times of loss - their own or others..

Advertisement
Back