OT: Olympics could be canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rolling on the ground my Man. Did you see My Big Fat Greek Wedding --- Windex everything. I'm half Italian so a chuck of parmesan cheese and Italian bread was big cure all. Dad was Southern so a shot IW Harper with Coke was home remedy. Needless to say, as I aged I choose Southern.
Daaaaaaaaamn

Yo old school remedies are funny af but I still roll with it. Hey u can't turn down a foot massage man. Lol

Advertisement
Well said and logically sound but here is the thing, US consumes about 40% of global out put. There are over 7 billion people in the world. There are, lets say, about 350 million Americans, or about 5% of the world's population. That means that as consumers each American is equal to about 8 "global" people or stated differently,we are the equivalent of 2.8 billion consumers or China and India together. My consumption % might be a little off put you get the idea. This is not meant

Since consumption is the heart of economics we should have first choice of what and how many jobs we want. I know that sounds nutty but think about something. China has been almost shut down for weeks, and the stock markets have just started to notice and people are "speculating" on the GDP. After 911, Americans sat at home for a few days and the world almost shut down. The politicians begged us to go out to dinner and see a movie, or go to the mall and buy something. China is still trying to recover from OUR 2007 - 8 crash, with empty buildings built for make believe work everywhere. American consumers drive the world.

We fell into this and even forester it. For 70 years the world has nursed off America's **** while they drained the milk from us. It started under the guise of stopping the growth of communism. First, rebuild Europe then Japan, then closer to home with NAFTA. As damaging as that was, it was Kissinger/Nixon decision to pay tribute to China to delay confrontation that was the death blow. We did not send our jobs to USSR but for some reason those two idiots and everyone since thought it a great idea.

While there is some jingoistic language in there, which is not how I would necessarily put things, I don't disagree with any of what you say. I think CEO's and business managers are learning a hard lesson that it's not enough to just buy things from wherever you can get them cheapest. You have to take some other factors into account when making these decisions on how you build out the logistics of your supply chain.

Bottom line, you don't want all of the worlds oil coming from one place, you don't want all of the worlds corn coming from just the US, and you don't want all of the worlds cheap plastic crap and cell phone components coming from China. When a disruption happens, you want to have other options for filling the gap.

You can listen to his briefing last night....his #1 priority is the perception of himself and his reelection campaign. He had at least a half dozen bootlickers take the mic to lap him with praises in between his incoherent rambles.
Donald Trump has always been obsessed with the perception of himself. He has the mental maturity of a middle schooler and is jaw-droppingly insecure. But what is the relevance of that to this topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back