OT- Ohio State and Other teams

Supacane954

Sophomore
Just a quick question, is there any way that teams that want to play in this fall season could become Independent for just a season ?

Advertisement
Just a quick question, is there any way that teams that want to play in this fall season could become Independent for just a season ?
After jumping through legal hoops and a conference shakedown for profit share... sure. I guess anything is possible.

The school presidents would have to approve and then deal with the B10 commissioner

Advertisement
Perhaps just the players could transfer with no hold out imposed by the ncaa?....................

Advertisement
It would appear the BiG 10 Commishy-mish has an answer for you...

So i read the article and it seems to me that it’s easy to threat a school with kicking them out but if big blue, Ohio state and Pen state jump ship I’m sure he would redact his statesmen’s

There are probably contractual obligations to overcome. If a school has the guts to play their conference should allow them to do so without penalty. How will the big ten schools feel if Nebraska plays and has no problems? I think thats what they are afraid of. So much revenue on the line here. Do whats best for the student athlete like playing two seasons next calendar year!! Right !!

Advertisement
If Ohio Taint and the other Lil 10 power teams wanted to play football they'd be playing in the Lil 10. Why would they vote against playing football in the Lil 10 and then try to become independent to play football?

This. If I recall correctly, the vote was 10-2 to NOT play. So there's only 2 schools who want to play. Notice I said schools, not teams. The vast majority of the kids want to play. The vast majority of the coaches want to play. I'll bet behind closed doors, the vast majority of ADs want to play. But they don't make the decisions. The presidents and chancellors do. 10 of them said, "No" to football. Therefore those 10 won't be playing.

Nebraska was 1 of the 2 wanting to play. Hence the noise they've made in the last 24 hours. I believe the other was Iowa. The other 10 will not be playing football, period.

Advertisement
So i read the article and it seems to me that it’s easy to threat a school with kicking them out but if big blue, Ohio state and Pen state jump ship I’m sure he would redact his statesmen’s
I would love to see Nebraska tell them, "...bring it b!tches...".

If for no other reason than settling the school.vs conference question in these types of matters.

GuYzZzzz,

I know you're excited but we've got to establish a few things here that obviously aren't registering despite the efforts of many to point this out:

1) The posturing football coaches/ADs of the Big Ten don't dictate if they leave the conference or do anything at all. The noise and anger is all p-r on their behalf to try to save some reputational points and avoid transfers/decommits. Their own university presidents are more than likely even in on it as a strategy or at minimum just giving them a wide berth to show their "commitment" to the religion of football.

2) Ain't nobody leaving that conference (including everybody's new favorite hapless but chirpy team in Lincoln) because it's a cash behemoth.

3) If all these schools that you think want to play football actually did then the vote would've been much closer and their commissioner wouldn't have been as adamant as he was yesterday.

Thanks for your attention. Good talk.

Signed,

Peruche

These guys are crazy seriously trying to double up on seasons saying college guys and have 2 seasons in a calendar year along with high school early enrollees can have 3 seasons in a calendar year

Advertisement
Back