OT - OBJ to the Browns...

Advertisement
He's a tremendous WR but I just don't place enough emphasis on that position. I misspoke, not sure where I saw it was a 1, 2, and 3 along with Peppers, it appears to just be a 1, 3, and Peppers. That makes it a MUCH better trade than I originally thought.
The Browns have had the most number 1 picks in the last 10 years and haven't exactly hit on all of them. Giving up a 1 for a proven Pro Bowler in his prime is money.

**** ya I am glad OBJ is gone. The guy is a huge diva and a locker room cancer. He also disappears in big games and is a giant *****. Also can't forget about how great it was to drop Flowers. The line has gotten WAY better since he was dropped.

Paying wr’s crazy money is beyond dumb, the only thing dumber is paying rbs crazy money.

Advertisement
The giants made a horrible signing with OBJ. They realized it and got back tremendous value for an overpaid Diva receiver. I see all that talent in the skilled positions, but I just think its going to end up being a mess, with everyone demanding the ball.

Cleveland is going to be nice with it. That defense with Myles Garrett, Olivier Vernon, Sheldon Richardson, Kirksey, Ray Ray, Denzel Ward is gonna be something serious also. Add Earl Thomas and Lawd Have Mercy!

Skill positions are ridiculously loaded.

Mayfield, Beckham, Landry, Kareem Hunt, Njoku, Callaway, Nick Chubb.

They can probably flip Duke for a 2/3 and get more help at OT and CB in the draft.

No bs, this is a team with the ingredients to win a Super Bowl.
I think they should hold on to Duke because they don't know how long Hunt will be suspended for and you need another RB to give Chubb a breather plus what if he was to get hurt?

Advertisement
The giants made a horrible signing with OBJ. They realized it and got back tremendous value for an overpaid Diva receiver. I see all that talent in the skilled positions, but I just think its going to end up being a mess, with everyone demanding the ball.
Giants made a dumb trade. They have a new gm that used to be the gm for the panthers and he was horrible there. That guy is known to get rid of talent.

Giants made a dumb trade. They have a new gm that used to be the gm for the panthers and he was horrible there. That guy is known to get rid of talent.

Trading a bad contract , getting multiple picks back is dumb?

They got a mulligan for signing that awful deal. I’m an eagles fan but the giants did right here.

Wr’s and huge contracts isn’t how you win in a salary cap league.

Trading a bad contract , getting multiple picks back is dumb?

They got a mulligan for signing that awful deal. I’m an eagles fan but the giants did right here.

Wr’s and huge contracts isn’t how you win in a salary cap league.
They got the 17th pick in a weak draft. Who they taking at 17? And that 3rd round pick came from the patriots so that is basically a 4th round pick. And only 17 million of his contract guaranteed.

Advertisement
They got the 17th pick in a weak draft. Who they taking at 17? And that 3rd round pick came from the patriots so that is basically a 4th round pick. And only 17 million of his contract guaranteed.

Exactly , I think they won the trade.

Fantasy sports has ruined how people view building a franchise. You win inside out , guess who’s the furthest out? Wr.

Trenches and qb is where your money goes.

If you can get a good deal on 1-2 solid to good vets with the rest being younger guys you’ll be just fine.

The giants have way bigger needs than a diva wr. That’s why you go get picks and free up money, especially when it’s just a wr.

Last edited:
Exactly , I think they won the trade.

Fantasy sports has ruined how people view building a franchise. You win inside out , guess who’s the furthest out? Wr.

Trenches and qb is where your money goes.

If you can get a good deal on 1-2 solid to good vets with the rest being younger guys you’ll be just fine.

The giants have way bigger needs than a diva wr. That’s why you go get licks and feed up money, especially when it’s just a wr.
I have no problem with them trading him. What im saying is they could have got more but basically gave him away for the 17th pick. If you are trying to rebuild you are supposed to get the most you possibly can for a young elite player.

Makes me wonder if they paid that for OBJ, why not Antonio?
From what I read, the Giants paid the signing bonus (20 mil) and the Browns only have to fork over 21+ million of guaranteed money (19.25 due in the first year). They are getting a bargain for OBJ.

Advertisement
The fact people are in here trying to say that the Giants didn't get hosed on this deal is laughable. You don't throw away almost $20MM dollars and then get to turn around and sweep it under the rug.

"Yep, we just loved OBJ so much that we wanted to make sure we paid him a bunch of guaranteed money, then save him from the rebuilding period, so we'll trade him away for a couple draft picks and a defensive/ST player who the jury is still out on. While we're at it, lets send him to the Orchids of Asia to get a rub and tug before we send him on his way."

Come on guys, take the Giants Goggles off and look at this for what it is. Something happened in the last 13 days, the Giants panicked and got whatever they could for OBJ before word got out.

Advertisement
Back