OT: NFL Draft

15 DTs off the board before Willis (so far), including some guys who stood out in zero ways during their college careers. Don't get it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you think Wilkins and Willis compliment each other enough? I'm hoping if he's still there in the 7th Miami takes him.
Not if we play the defense the Pats have played recently, but I've read (haven't seen) Wilkins can play 1-T. I think Wilkins is a more natural 3-T and Gerald is only a 3-T, so I can see why you'd not want to pair them. Thing is Willis fell to the 5th. So even if you draft a high level backup 3-T, it's value! Willis is arguably better upside than Davon Godchaux, so I also see why taking Joe Jackson there would have made more sense. I like Willis over Godchaux, but definitely over "scheme fit" guys. In the 4-7 rounds, I tend to believe in taking these good risk/reward guys. Willis is a top 90 player in this draft who happens to have some fair concerns about consistency.

Why draft Willis with Taylor, Godchaux, and now Wilkins already at DT? Wouldnt DE be more of a priority?
I'd have taken Willis or Jackson there over the Wiscy guy. I just responded above that I like Willis over Godchaux, but I get the argument. I think Willis has some nice upside and is a year younger than Godchaux.

Although I'm happy for our players to get drafted why do they have to go to teams I can't stand lol.

I'll never forget cussing when Big Vince went to the Pats and Vilma to the Jets

Advertisement
Advertisement
You’re always gonna have some wherever you go. We have all types in this place. I enjoy the banter between you guys and if people don’t get it, whatever. You 3 seem like good dudes. I’m glad you guys came over here from Vermin’s site.
My Brother.

ESPN reported it soon after the pick. ESPN reported “other positions” not “other qbs” but maybe it was said later
I was watching nfl network. Dude was like there was other in the front office who were fans of jones.

Advertisement
Back