OT: NFL Draft

Advertisement
Advertisement
, agree
I was mostly talking about Michael Jackson. But, Joe Jackson was great value for the Cowboys, too. He should have gone late 3rd or early 4th.

My bad, agree that both were picked late. How do you feel about Willis sliding?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mike made a big, big mistake last year in doing so. Get good advising,...leaving early or not. Coming back isin't always the best answer,...though it does I guess assist NFL scouting departments.
Finishing your career and getting your degree is never a bad idea. Unless your a 1st or 2nd round, it doesn't make sense to leave school.

I don't believe personal financial situations should play a role in the decision either. If you and your family are poor and you make it 3 years, one more isn't going to matter. I believe these kids get pressure from their families with agents getting in family members heads that these kids will be drafted in the first 2 round and 3rd at worst. That's just iNOT the case. There is no guarantee even of your talent fits a certain round, it's all about an NFL team's needs and the number of quality players at your position.

Advertisement
My bad, agree that both were picked late. How do you feel about Willis sliding?
I can see why. Someone is going to get a nice risk/reward. I'd have taken him with the Phins pick. Of course, we're trying to build a copy cat to the Pats defense, which means it'll likely be second rate, so we take a "this is a guy the Pats would take" player instead. The Phins are simply the worst.

Finishing your career and getting your degree is never a bad idea. Unless your a 1st or 2nd round, it doesn't make sense to leave school.

I don't believe personal financial situations should play a role in the decision either. If you and your family are poor and you make it 3 years, one more isn't going to matter. I believe these kids get pressure from their families with agents getting in family members heads that these kids will be drafted in the first 2 round and 3rd at worst. That's just iNOT the case. There is no guarantee even of your talent fits a certain round, it's all about an NFL team's needs and the number of quality players at your position.

The philosophy should always be if you're a round 1 or 2 projection, you should leave. After that, the money begins to drop off substantially. Using that principle, Mike Jackson was on the fringe last year and should've gone.

He missed out on a few millions because of it. The money does matter.

?????????

I don't get it ? I quoted Poptimus, it wasn't a random comment , it was directed at him.

If you see @Ecush make a comment quoting me, we have been good friends for years now .

I'm not upset or bothered by whatever this is you posted after quoting me, just don't get your point .
Sensitive?

Advertisement
Back