OT: NFL Draft

Guys come on this has happened year after year. These kids are idiots and listen to the wrong people and they are stubborn as ****. Come back for your senior year, ball out, and get drafted first three rounds instead of sweating it out.

Mike made a big, big mistake last year in doing so. Get good advising,...leaving early or not. Coming back isin't always the best answer,...though it does I guess assist NFL scouting departments.

Advertisement
Why? They’ll just take some dude from Wisconsin.

You're probably right but a guy can hope they would make the right pick. Emmanuel Hall from Mizzou is still available too and he's 6'5'' and can run if I remember correctly.

Dolphins should have taken Willis and had their next two defensive tackles next 5-10 years
Dolphins already have two decent DTs on their roster with Vincent Taylor and Davon Godchaux. Wilkins will make three but will be used more like a DE.

Mike made a big, big mistake last year in doing so. Get good advising,...leaving early or not. Coming back isin't always the best answer,...though it does I guess assist NFL scouting departments.

Whose to say he would have gotten drafted higher last year?

I dont think it has to do with willis ability. I think its him being suspended multiple times and missing the whole year in 17.

I don't disagree with you but the kid seemed to really grow up and leave the BS behind, **** shame to see him fall this far.

Advertisement
Honestly surprised Mike Jackson went so early. Not surprised Redwine was there first of the board for us though. Thought that could happen. Didn't see Joe Jackson going third though...

Willis is great value here to whoever gets him. Haul and honey are looking like 7th rounders. Interesting to see if st Louis gets drafted or not

Whose to say he would have gotten drafted higher last year?

Huh? Were you paying attention at the end of last year? Anyone who knows anything knows MJ's stock fell BIGTIME from last year. You are completely out of the loop if you didn't know this.

Are we talking pre-draft talk (where guys were rated/projected) or post-draft talk (he's now a 3rd day pick) ???

If it's pre,...like I said,...you'd have to have been following golf the whole year not to know. If it's post,...then we can play that "who's to say" game forever regarding coming back and improving your stock. The entire conversation (and the question you asked) is dumb if you're using hindsight.

The stiff hips weren't going to go overlooked last year, but he at least got credit for consistency and a large body of work ("started for 2 years at Miami"). I know people are going off the hype of what was said about him last season (really, based on some random comments made by media toward the end of the season), but who knows where he would have actually been selected. He also had additional time to improve his 40. Not sure why everyone is saying it's a clear mistake. Nonetheless,he should have gone a solid 30-40 picks earlier. The Cowboys got value in both Jacksons. Plainly. Part of that comes from our LACK OF WINNING (perception).

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know people are going off the hype of what was said about him last season, but who knows where he would have actually been selected. He also had additional time to improve his 40. Not sure why everyone is saying it's a clear mistake.

Not sure why everyone says come back until you're a senior and you're guaranteed to improve your stock either.Other teams' early entrants have murdered our committed players.

Staying helps many kids,...sure,...but it helps Pro and College teams the most,....which is why the NBA has their stupid 1 and done rule to begin with, even for players like Zion that have no business in CBB.

There is no guarantee for both directions. I know it's not going to hype up guys committed to their college team being good,...but the only true consensus should be to get good advising,...staying or leaving.

Gardner Minshew being drafted is awesome. He's a great dude. Hope he makes a few checks before he becomes a coach.

He'll make the Jaguars.

The stiff hips weren't going to go overlooked last year, but he at least got credit for consistency and a large body of work ("started for 2 years at Miami"). I know people are going off the hype of what was said about him last season (really, based on some random comments made by media toward the end of the season), but who knows where he would have actually been selected. He also had additional time to improve his 40. Not sure why everyone is saying it's a clear mistake. Nonetheless,he should have gone a solid 30-40 picks earlier. The Cowboys got value in both Jacksons. Plainly. Part of that comes from our LACK OF WINNING (perception).

I'm surprised he didn't go earlier after the tape against ND last year and their OL. At least it seems he went to a coach that will use him the right way.

Advertisement
Haskins threw for 4,831yds, 600yds in screens doesn't account for the other 4,231yds & this "he only threw short passes" narrative is very easily debunked, all anyone has to do is actually watch his tape, it's literally filled with NFL level throws all down the field.

He averaged 9.1 yards per attempt, that means most of his throws were down the field or over the middl. He literally lead all of College Football in passing yards, TD's & completion percentage & Oh St didn't have a single WR in the top 20 in yards.

If people are skeptical of him that's fine, but the reasoning doesn't add up, he played in an NFL offense under Ryan Day who's one of the best QB developers in college football. If people are critiquing his lack of mobility that's a perfectly good reason to doubt him but people are acting as if he can't play which is hilarious to me because just about every single quality needed to be a good QB on the next level he checks every box; arm talent, accuracy, productivity at a high level & understands X's & O's coming from an advanced Offense. He's a prototypical Pocket passer which is exactly what most successful QB's are in the NFL.

Like I said, you’ll be hard pressed to find any QB to do well In the pros after one and done in college. You can point to all the great stats you like, he has a real tough road ahead. I did find it interesting that the skins draft room was split - Allen and Snyder wanted Haskins, the others wanted other positions addressed first. When Snyder is doing the drafting, usually bad things happen. Lol

I like Deiter . The Van Winkel pick seems like a reach .

Like I said, you’ll be hard pressed to find any QB to do well In the pros after one and done in college. You can point to all the great stats you like, he has a real tough road ahead. I did find it interesting that the skins draft room was split - Allen and Snyder wanted Haskins, the others wanted other positions addressed first. When Snyder is doing the drafting, usually bad things happen. Lol
No the others liked daniel jones

Advertisement
Back