OT: NFL Draft

Dolphins just killed this. Traded their 2nd, and got a future 2nd rounder, and Josh Rosen, who imo is better than all the qbs in this draft anyways. PLUS Rosen is incredibly cheap since Cardinals already paid Rosen's bonus!
Yep, got multiple draft picks by the end of the day and still guy a talented guy. I dont See how any dolphins fans could hate this really

Advertisement
Yep, got multiple draft picks by the end of the day and still guy a talented guy. I dont See how any dolphins fans could hate this really
The broncos took Jones at 6, and Redskins took Haskins at 15.
Rosen is definitely better than BOTH those guys. And they picked up a 2020 2nd and 5th. Thats is crazy.
And he's cheap $$ wise too.

You guys realize that if Miami still sucks (as expected) then this trade was retarded. We gave up a 2nd round pick for what? A guy that gets replaced next year with a top 2020 pick? Why not instead get a guy at another position who will actually contribute beyond one year?

Advertisement
Still not sure why Grier didn't stick to his 3rd round guns. Someone would have to explain to me why it was necessary to trade #62 and we couldn't tell Zona to wait till 78. Who was left to jump up? The other side of the argument is "why risk between 62 and 78?" Because Arizona was F'd. And, the other teams would have to take a roster risk and Top 77 pick risk for a guy who's known as a d*ck to sit behind their starting QB. Oh well. At least we got a 2nd rounder for next year and we'll roll the dice now to see if Rosen is as bad as he looked last year. He's definitely cheap.

Advertisement
So who's the 9th grade QB the Dolphags are targeting? @Dr.L.ThugU hahahahaha morons
2zkcg4.gif

Advertisement
I hate that, as an organization, we consistently leave value on the table. Add it up over years, and that's why we're stuck in purgatory.
You are paying Rosen ( a former top 10 pick in 2018) 6 million over 3 years that’s value in a trade essentially where you got a future 2nd round pick and other picks ultimately. That’s not giving up much. You can see what you have with him this year and if it ain’t what you want you have plenty of capital to move up and get whoever you want in the 2020 draft

Advertisement
So we didn't just fold, we got bent over?
I don't like Rosen from a talent/attitude perspective. I don't see him winning a Super Bowl.

That aside, I really don't like this from a value perspective. Like @LuCane said, why did we not hold tight and offer #78? Not only did we give up #62, we threw in a 5th rounder. You kidding me? We held the cards, not them. And they went and took our lunch. So from a value standpoint I think we got hosed.

You are paying Rosen ( a former top 10 pick in 2018) 6 million over 3 years that’s value in a trade essentially where you got a future 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick(2019). That’s not giving up much. You can see what you have with him this year and if it ain’t what you want you have plenty of capital to move up and get whoever you want in the 2020 draft
It sounds like rationalization to waste potential draft capital. "Ah, who cares, we have a lot of picks next year anyway." The question is simple: why not press Arizona? They were stuck. Why give them #62 and a 5th next year instead of #78? Because you feared losing out on Rosen to whom? Whatever. It's done. It's not as deathly as having to rationalize the terrible trade for #48 people were pushing earlier today.

A 2nd, which was essentially a 3rd, and a conditional 2020 5th rounder isn't bad at all for a boom or bust player that isn't going to cost much.

Advertisement
Back