OT: Nebraska HC Matt Rhule talks about how much he loves recruiting Dade County

itsdolphhh

Sophomore
Premium

@2:48:31

Says South Florida players play the game with a certain "joy and passion that can't be taught, almost like watching kids at recess." Also says Nebraska isn't trying to recruit the whole state of Florida, will be hyperfocused on Miami.

This class, they signed:

- 4 star WR Jacory Barney Jr. (Miami Palmetto) (beat us for him)
- 4 star CB Larry Tarver Jr. (Miami Norland)
- 4 star LB Willis McGahee IV (Columbus)
- 4 star LB Vincent Shavers Jr. (Miami Central) (dropped by us)
- 3 star CB Amare Sanders (Gulliver Prep)

They have DB coach Evan Cooper (Richmond Heights native, former Temple DB) and QC coach Phil Simpson (Southridge alum, former Temple DE, former Homestead HC) on staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't get the draw, and it seems most of the South FL kids don't stick around up there.. I guess it's the big fish in a small pond thing.
When Matt Rhule was at Temple, he was giving everyone offers in South Florida like Oprah. They were what Western Carolina & Campbell are now.

🥶🥶🥶❄️❄️❄️🥶🥶🥶

Most people don't know Fargo ND is the coldest state capital in the country. Omaha gets some of that same Arctic air and gets COLD... not east coast "cold" but Canada COLD.
Flew out of Offutt for 4 years. I took every TDY I could get in January and February to get out of there.You get those artic blasts from Canada. It was miserable.

Advertisement

@2:48:31

Says South Florida players play the game with a certain "joy and passion that can't be taught, almost like watching kids at recess." Also says Nebraska isn't trying to recruit the whole state of Florida, will be hyperfocused on Miami.

This class, they signed:

- 4 star WR Jacory Barney Jr. (Miami Palmetto) (beat us for him)
- 4 star CB Larry Tarver Jr. (Miami Norland)
- 4 star LB Willis McGahee IV (Columbus)
- 4 star LB Vincent Shavers Jr. (Miami Central) (dropped by us)
- 3 star CB Amare Sanders (Gulliver Prep)

They have DB coach Evan Cooper (Richmond Heights native, former Temple DB) and QC coach Phil Simpson (Southridge alum, former Temple DE, former Homestead HC) on staff.

Lmao beat us for Barney. I'll take Care anyday over him

Advertisement
I mean, he probably loves being anywhere that isn't Lincoln, Nebraska in December, or anytime really. Unless counting corn stalks is your thing.

Advertisement
Back