OT:NBA regular season suspended

Advertisement
Italy has a two tiered healthcare system.

Goid luck.

Wish you and your beautiful country the best.

Hopefully, you’ve seen the worst.

Why do you think Italy has practically the highest death rate in the world, while the death rates of your neighbors to the north, Germany, Scandinavia, etc have so far, much much lower death rates. What are they doing right that Italy’s healthcare system failed to do?
ther is a debate on how some countries are counting there deaths. Some only count deaths on people that have only coronavirus.

In Italy the mortality rate is high because we have a very old population. In a lot of cases the old people who die, die not for coronavirus but with coronavirus. This means that they have another condition and that cornonavirus kicks in and gives the the last push.

If you want to se it in a very egoistical way, mortality rate is not a really big problem at the moment.

It will be beacuase if you do not have intensive care units for the illed then all the bad cases (at the moment in Italy 1000 people now) are going to die of pneumonia. In intensive care there are a good number of young people (under 60 years old). I repeat the first patient in italy was a 38 year old athlete

The real problem is the overload of the health care system that has limited places in the hospitals. If the hospitals are overloaded not only people with coronavirus are going to die but there will be problems for every other patient

Please do not under evaluate the situation. Korea and China did a good job and are starting to see the end of it. We are still very far from that

ther is a debate on how some countries are counting there deaths. Some only count deaths on people that have only coronavirus.

In Italy the mortality rate is high because we have a very old population. In a lot of cases the old people who die, die not for coronavirus but with coronavirus. This means that they have another condition and that cornonavirus kicks in and gives the the last push.

If you want to se it in a very egoistical way, mortality rate is not a really big problem at the moment.

It will be beacuase if you do not have intensive care units for the illed then all the bad cases (at the moment in Italy 1000 people now) are going to die of pneumonia. In intensive care there are a good number of young people (under 60 years old). I repeat the first patient in italy was a 38 year old athlete

The real problem is the overload of the health care system that has limited places in the hospitals. If the hospitals are overloaded not only people with coronavirus are going to die but there will be problems for every other patient

Please do not under evaluate the situation. Korea and China did a good job and are starting to see the end of it. We are still very far from that

I’m a big believer in social distancing, as you said, it has to start with the individual.

I will have to reread your response to fully understand, but I do believe other countries mentioned are reporting death rates correctly. They just have much lower death rates. UK as well.

It is going to be important to understand something as crucial as death rates and to be able to look at comparative approaches, including the efficacy of the healthcare delivery in each country.

See this is scary. We are not testing yet.

This is flat out wrong.

First of all the CDC doesn’t test for individuals. They’re not a testing lab, per se, where individuals go to find out if they’re positive.

Tests are done at various centers throughout the country: university, state labs, private labs, etc etc.

Yesterday alone, thousands of tests were performed in the US. That’s a fact.

We need to do much better and entrenched bureaucracy has been a hindrance, but let’s not spread politically motivated misinformation by a corporation desperate for viewership and advertising dollars.

There are several issues that will need to be adressed going forward, but expect dramatic increases in testing over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For everybody concerned about the number of tests, think about it for a second. If the number of tests are low, that means people aren't presenting with symptoms. They don't just test everybody who walks in. Originally, foreign travel was a requirement, but that's been dropped. Private labs will soon be conducting tests if they aren't already and they do not report the number of tests, only positive results our satellite doctor's offices are reporting tons of phone calls because of the amount of misinformation out there.

For everybody concerned about the number of tests, think about it for a second. If the number of tests are low, that means people aren't presenting with symptoms. They don't just test everybody who walks in. Originally, foreign travel was a requirement, but that's been dropped. Private labs will soon be conducting tests if they aren't already and they do not report the number of tests, only positive results our satellite doctor's offices are reporting tons of phone calls because of the amount of misinformation out there.

Private labs are about to ramp up which will dramatically increase by thousands a day the number of people being tested.

Good luck.

Wish you and your beautiful country the best.

Hopefully, you’ve seen the worst.

Why do you think Italy has practically the highest death rate in the world, while the death rates of your neighbors to the north, Germany, Scandinavia, etc have so far, much much lower death rates. What are they doing right that Italy’s healthcare system failed to do?

The list of Northern vs Southern European differences is stark and staggering...

oh never mind......

Uh oh....the significant deaths are due to Italy in general, but their North's, skewed population of...

elderly (who are typically immuno-compromised) and much less developed and extensive healthcare system than say, oh, Northern European countries and the US.

Spain, Greece, the Balkans would face same healthcare infrastructure risks as Italy. Borderlands of Eastern Europe and Russia the same.

Advertisement
Those ailments present themselves in far more than just AIDS, my friend. You're aware of that I'm certain.

This isnt this dudes first epidemic rodeo. They also left out his role in the Ebola outbreak where he personally treated Ebola patients. Weird how they left that out as well. So weird.

This is one of the most cited physicians in history, but go on, lets reduce him to just a figurehead, which again, I say, if you really do believe that, then what does it say about the people who picked him to lead the coronavirus task force?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-***-demographics/

At a population health level those numbers tell me very little outside of rudimentary basics.

What i would like to see from those numbers are age distributions stratified by pre-existing condition. As of 2016, the number of adult Americans with cardiovascular disease was around 120 million or nearly half the adults in this country (per 2019 science daily article so a basic report more so than a manuscript but i looked it up further).

Flatly 13%of persons with confirmed cases die when they have some form of cardiovascular disease but I would not necessarily assume the distribution of that is all in the elderly given half of adult cases with cvd are 60 and over in the USA.

Now it gets more complicated with cardiovascular disease being classified from heart disease, heart failure, stroke and high blood pressure and the majority of that is high blood pressure. So obviously which of those are having the most weight, within that categorization, etc

That said our cvd numbers in this country make more detail necessary with such a higher fatality rate (relative to anything) in confirmed cases.

Similar could be said for diabetes when as of 2018 per cdc report, 13% of Americans have diabetes (diagnosed and undiagnosed), etc, and the fatality rate is 8%.

people that are trying to argue the virus is not that bad cuz it only kills elderly people have some serious screws loose in their head. Older people's lives actually do matter it actually is important and we should actually care about it.

Advertisement
If this virus blows up on us here it'll be cause this....we should not be in this situation

5e66b72584159f21ad7f0617.jpeg

My G, he was doing clinical physiology work before AIDS even existed.

Hes developed therapies for way more than just AIDS. To dismiss him as just the AIDS guy is borderline slander.

But even then, hes the guy the current administration is putting front and center, so if you're saying hes a corrupt, greedy, non experiences guy out of his lane, then whatre you saying about the guys who put him on the frontlines of our response?
So you're sticking behind the position that 40-70% of the global population are getting infected and 1% of that group is dying from this?

Last edited:
Advertisement
If this virus blows up on us here it'll be cause this....we should not be in this situation

View attachment 113364

You're hoping it blows up so you can score political points.

That’s your skin in the game. It’s been clear for days now.

Go watch some more CNN... they need the viewership, since the airports are practically empty, nobody’s watching them.

Also that’s not even up-to-date.

I already crushed your dude Don Lemon’s lies...keep it coming and I’ll keep crushing you. It’s easy since you’re insincere and only in it for the political points you can score.

You're hoping it blows up so you can score political points.

That’s your skin in the game. It’s been clear for days now.

Go watch some more CNN... they need the viewership, since the airports are practically empty, nobody’s watching them.

Also that’s not even up-to-date.

I already crushed your dude Don Lemon’s lies...keep it coming and I’ll keep crushing you. It’s easy since you’re insincere and only in it for the political points you can score.

No I'm not *******. I'm hoping people don't get sick. Y'all are some sick demented people. ****.

Advertisement
Back