OT - Minnesota HC PJ Fleck getting exposed as a sociopath by his own players

Advertisement
This feels very much like a generational thing.

List of offenses in the tweets:

Has an ego.
Made players stand up when he entered a room and applaud
Went to children's hospital...but never without a camera
Not loving to players when they get injured
Cancelling practice because the players had no energy and blaming the players for the L
Fired a person on the staff for taking a video of something embarrassing
"Mentally Manipulates"

I'm not sure what the problem is...but these players have anonymity but won't say anything too damning.

Advertisement
A coach being a pos isn't uncommon. If he's that big of a pos, maybe it's a good thing this kid louding him out.

Friend on mine worked on Fleck's staff for a couple years and said PJ Fleck is all about PJ Fleck. Only cares about his own personal brand. They've had some success so I'm not knocking it but him being self centered is spot on.

he puts his stupid oar gimmick on everything. it's even on the gophers' helmets.

I haven’t met many head football coaches that I wouldn’t describe as egotistical, ****ish, and salesman like. Most of them aren’t really the best people which is ironic. The successful coaches are the one who are up front about how it’s their show and that’s how it’s going to be. Kids can respect that. It’s impossible to be a head ball coach while trying to be everyone’s best friend (see manny Diaz ). The shady ones are the ones who try to play best friend and then flip on you. Dan Mullen comes to mind.

It’s usually the assistant coaches that keep the players
together and are more level headed with the players.

I’ve said it in the past, Mark Richt is one of the few head coaches that you know is genuine. Pat Fitzgerald at northwestern seems like a genuine dude as well.

Advertisement
Sounds like these former players need some tissues, and I certainly do after reading those tweets! My god that was painful!!!

Billy Crystal Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Fleck sounds like a garden variety sociopath. I have no reason to think that this player is lying. To my knowledge he hasn't ever said anything about Dave Doeren. I do think it's shameful that a young man who has been in college for several years can barely write a sentence.

Advertisement
You could always tell something was off with Fleck, he’s a weird guy.

Advertisement
This feels very much like a generational thing.

List of offenses in the tweets:

Has an ego.
Made players stand up when he entered a room and applaud
Went to children's hospital...but never without a camera
Not loving to players when they get injured
Cancelling practice because the players had no energy and blaming the players for the L
Fired a person on the staff for taking a video of something embarrassing
"Mentally Manipulates"

I'm not sure what the problem is...but these players have anonymity but won't say anything too damning.
Right, it’s normal to make people clap when you enter a room

Right, it’s normal to make people clap when you enter a room
It’s not normal if it’s a full blown standing ovation but if it’s a quick 1..2..3 clap to get everyone’s mind right before the meeting starts it’s not weird. It can be used to reset the room and get everyone focused.

If it a standing ovation he’s a weirdo

I haven’t met many head football coaches that I wouldn’t describe as egotistical, ****ish, and salesman like. Most of them aren’t really the best people which is ironic. The successful coaches are the one who are up front about how it’s their show and that’s how it’s going to be. Kids can respect that. It’s impossible to be a head ball coach while trying to be everyone’s best friend (see manny Diaz ). The shady ones are the ones who try to play best friend and then flip on you. Dan Mullen comes to mind.

It’s usually the assistant coaches that keep the players
together and are more level headed with the players.

I’ve said it in the past, Mark Richt is one of the few head coaches that you know is genuine. Pat Fitzgerald at northwestern seems like a genuine dude as well.
Good points. Especially about the assistant coaches.
Reminds me of the ESPN 30 for 30 about the two Bills and they mentioned something about Belichick and how when he was all cool with the players and joked around when he was D coordinator for the Pats. Once he became head coach it all changed, like he was a totally different person.

Hmmmm. So what are the transgressions?

Hey some brutal stuff may be exposed? Who knows.

But kids these days, if you're not coddling them and are their best friends, they will cry afterwards................................................

Advertisement
Back