OT - Minnesota HC PJ Fleck getting exposed as a sociopath by his own players

Advertisement
Row the boat rah rah bs is what I think of with Fleck. But he has won at Minnesota which ain't easy.
I think he's a decent recruiter and offensive playcaller, but look at his schedules.....weak noncons and the Big Ten West is one of the worst divisions in P5.

Illinois, Nebraska - trash
Purdue, Northwestern - inconsistent
Iowa - perennial 7-5/8-4 team
Wisconsin - the only nationally relevant team & has had a monopoly on the division the last 10 years

Advertisement
Advertisement
We are VERY into feelings here in MN so I could see this gaining traction. Members of the media have at times said they dislike fleck as well so I would buy this all being true

Like politicians, most HC are legit self- centred, ego maniacs. The very best coaches can also be absolutely terrible people. We've seen this first hand with some of the coachea we've endured.

One thing tho, players rave about CMC and how authentic his is. Kayvon Thibodaux, a future top 5 pick, practically did a national tour supporting CMC and wishing him the best at UM.

Friend on mine worked on Fleck's staff for a couple years and said PJ Fleck is all about PJ Fleck. Only cares about his own personal brand. They've had some success so I'm not knocking it but him being self centered is spot on.

Yeah, and I think that kind of a guy can work in the right situation (think Urban Meyer at Florida and/or Ohio Taint), but I don't think Minnesota has historically been stacked with blue-chip cutthroats willing to sell their souls to make it to the NFL. Having a respect-oriented culture means a bit more at a place like Minnesota, and I really think this will hurt Fleck.

I'm not trying to be a matchmaker here, but Fleck would have a better shot in Hogtown trying to sell Gaytor Brandz Yo than he would in Minnesota.

Advertisement
This is not uncommon with high achievers. Like @canadianhurricane said, I'd bet most politicians, CEOs, athletes, artists, head coaches all have massive egos. I don't know a **** thing about the situation, but at first impression this strikes me as a young kid unaware of the ways of the world. I mean, no, your boss doesn't really care about you and is almost entirely preoccupied with what he can get out of you.

the captain GIF

Fleck coming soon

Advertisement
For reference, Val Martin, originally from ATL, was a 3 star JUCO DT in the 2018 class that signed with NC State, was a rotational player there from 2018-20, then grad transferred to Minnesota as a 6th year senior.
Guess old Val didn’t get a real life education at NC State.

Advertisement
Back