OT, Mike Martin

QuattroCane

Junior
With the pending retirement of Morris, I started thinking how long will Martin hang on at FSU and how long will they let him?
They're huge underachievers and he's 74, was he just hanging around for the wins record?

Advertisement
With the pending retirement of Morris, I started thinking how long will Martin hang on at FSU and how long will they let him?
They're huge underachievers and he's 74, was he just hanging around for the wins record?
If he hung around "Just" for the Wins record...that's embarrassing......All those yrs....all those Wins....and Nada ring....whatta loser....not to mention crybaby.....F-him....

Huge underachievers compared to who? FSU has an RPI of 10 and has the longest post-season streak in college baseball. If I was Martin, I would hang on 3 more seasons to wipe out Miami's record.

Huge underachievers compared to who? FSU has an RPI of 10 and has the longest post-season streak in college baseball. If I was Martin, I would hang on 3 more seasons to wipe out Miami's record.

If your goal is to win a ****-ton of games but have an empty trophy case then he's your guy, you're right. And frankly that post-season record would look even worse on them considering they can't win a title.

Advertisement
If your goal is to win a ****-ton of games but have an empty trophy case then he's your guy, you're right. And frankly that post-season record would look even worse on them considering they can't win a title.

I wouldn't want to trade with FSU., but Martin is doing the same thing with his teams that he's always done. No sense that he's fallen off.

I wouldn't want to trade with FSU., but Martin is doing the same thing with his teams that he's always done. No sense that he's fallen off.

I don't think the question is about falling off, it's more about how long will FSU be content to be the Bridesmaid considering what Miami has done and what UF is doing.

I don't think the question is about falling off, it's more about how long will FSU be content to be the Bridesmaid considering what Miami has done and what UF is doing.

Martin has been coaching FSU for 38 years. If they haven't grown tired of his no rings by now, it's safe to say they never will.

Advertisement
He’ll be there until he dies or can’t make it to the mound. FSU’s goal is not to win a title it’s the postseason record and Martin’s wins record. When you’ve always been second fiddle to Miami and now to Florida because you’ve never won a ring, you have to hang your hat on something. And honestly the postseason record is a **** of an achievement. We can complain about scraping by to get in because we’ve been to the promise land and won 4 titles, they can’t becasue they haven’t. That and Martin hasn’t fallen off like 3 did is the big difference. That record to me, is the single greatest record in all of college sports, (56 game Home streak a close second). It speaks volumes to the consistency of a program and a sport that relies on a lot of freshman. If you sit and think about it, it is unreal. Let’s hope like **** FSU implodes before they overtake it.

So instead of trying to win a national title your goal is to wipe out Miamis record lol... that's sad and pathetic and sums up FSU mentality

So instead of trying to win a national title your goal is to wipe out Miamis record lol... that's sad and pathetic and sums up FSU mentality

After 38 years, it's pretty clear they aren't winning a title with Martin. If that was their priority, he would have been gone a long time ago.

If we learn nothing else from FSU it's to never name a stadium after an active coach. They did it with Bowden and then had to fire him, they've done it with Martin and are now "stuck" with him. If I was Leonard Hamilton, I'd be pushing for 'Hamilton Feildhouse.;)'

Advertisement
If we learn nothing else from FSU it's to never name a stadium after an active coach. They did it with Bowden and then had to fire him, they've done it with Martin and are now "stuck" with him. If I was Leonard Hamilton, I'd be pushing for 'Hamilton Feildhouse.;)'

Florida State is "stuck" with a guy who has never missed the post-season and has his team in a position to host again? That must really suck.

Florida State is "stuck" with a guy who has never missed the post-season and has his team in a position to host again? That must really suck.

Just so I'm clear Miami was not good enough when we were "only" making the postseason, but FSU is great because of it. At least try to get your narrative straight.

Just so I'm clear Miami was not good enough when we were "only" making the postseason, but FSU is great because of it. At least try to get your narrative straight.

FSU is great? You must have quoted the wrong person. That's the mistake of an amateur.

Correct. Miami's post-season failures were not good enough. But we trumped that by becoming a non-postseason team. So we are still not good enough. That has nothing to do with Florida State. You're not "stuck" with a coach when said coach has you in the top 10 of the RPI.

Advertisement
Our luck is that they will hire the baseball version of Jimbo and we will be stuck with Dimare

FSU, being a public school in this state, should have an elite team every year. They're 16-12 in the ACC right now. They've never won a CWS while their biggest rival has one 4 and UF just on last year.

And they're certainly underachieving compared to Clemson and UF. That alone should get Martin fired. **** Clemson fired their last baseball coach for letting South Carolina surpass them.

Not surprised to see the FSU fanboys slurping martin itt though

FSU is great? You must have quoted the wrong person. That's the mistake of an amateur.

Correct. Miami's post-season failures were not good enough. But we trumped that by becoming a non-postseason team. So we are still not good enough. That has nothing to do with Florida State. You're not "stuck" with a coach when said coach has you in the top 10 of the RPI.

Nice try, again in your world all FSU is fine because they can make the postseason regardless of their ability to win it all, you must love bridesmaids.
"That has nothing to do with Florida State", did the thread title confuse you? There are plenty of threads you can take your tired 'let's bash Miami' mantra to, try one of those.

Advertisement
Back