OT: Lynn Swann named AD at USC

Advertisement
ill take a guy with experience in dealing with stuff like an AD would deal with over a guy who played for us with no experience in anything besides playing football--which lynn swann hasn't played in how long--30 years??

Advertisement
Lynn Swann is actually a very intelligent personable guy......that'll still probably fail in this particular job. There's entirely too much instability coupled with high expectations there for a guy with zero experience.

It feels like the sec gods want um and usc down, both programs have been **** but hype. Hopefully we can right this shipin a couple years

Advertisement
USC has a general reputation as a school and alumni organization that prefers to turn inward rather than embrace "outsiders." Swan is certainly a reflection of that cultural bias. He's a very capable guy. But, so was Pat Hayden and he failed. Garrett was an incredible player but a total disaster in his handling of the NCAA investigation of all things Reggie Bush.

Wishing Lynn Swan well.

I wish Swann well but I am startled to realize just how lucky USC was when they hired Pete Carroll. The Trojans were more-or-less irrelevant for over a decade until Garrett's fourth choice to replace Paul Hackett was a gift from the football gods. If not for that hire USC might as well have been Washington State.

Let's hope Georgia's decision to fire Mark Richt provides The U similar fortune.

Advertisement
Well he has ZERO experience so I hope he inherited a staff that is capable of doing his job for him. USC currently batting ZERO....what next, O.J?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back