OT: Louisville

Move to Shelby County to the immediate East if you like oxygen and green space. Louisville is on track to become the next St. Louis with its wholly inept municipal governance. Property taxes going up 14% this year to better compensate the indoctrinators. With that said, Jeff Ruby’s steakhouse is solid, Havana Rumba (see above) is too, and the Bourbon Trail is fantastic. If you like to get in nature, ignore the Louisvillians and go to the Appalachian mountains to hike. Other than that, nothing here, which is why I’m dying for Miami Beach to open back up so I can bring my girl down to frolic. Should be an interesting weekend here, the BLM militia is in town to further crap on our downtown.
We'll keep that in mind. We probably won't live there permanently, but in my fiance's business she has to continually move up in markets (news) if she wants move up. Louisville happens to be market 48 and is a good stepping stone for her. I just happen to work in the accounting/finance field, so work for me isn't hard for me for the move after this one. Thanks for the heads up though. Any good running trails?

Advertisement
We'll keep that in mind. We probably won't live there permanently, but in my fiance's business she has to continually move up in markets (news) if she wants move up. Louisville happens to be market 48 and is a good stepping stone for her. I just happen to work in the accounting/finance field, so work for me isn't hard for me for the move after this one. Thanks for the heads up though. Any good running trails?
On the East side, there is a nice park system, The Parklands at Floyd’s Fork. You really may want to check out the Simpsonville area. The Cardinal Club (course owned by UL athletics) is very financially stable and has immediate access to the East-West interstate connecting Louisville and Lexington. It’s easier to access many parts of Louisville from Simpsonville than other parts of Louisville. With that said, I’m biased and live in Simp. People streaming out here currently to escape Lou. Metro. Be happy to help any way I can.

On the East side, there is a nice park system, The Parklands at Floyd’s Fork. You really may want to check out the Simpsonville area. The Cardinal Club (course owned by UL athletics) is very financially stable and has immediate access to the East-West interstate connecting Louisville and Lexington. It’s easier to access many parts of Louisville from Simpsonville than other parts of Louisville. With that said, I’m biased and live in Simp. People streaming out here currently to escape Lou. Metro. Be happy to help any way I can.
Good to know. I scoured the internet, looking up apartments across the metro and looked up crime stats in the area and pretty much decided to stay away from downtown and the south side of the metro (even though they had one nice luxury apartment out there). Where most of the apartments I've found are out by anchorage, middletown, and the outer east end, by the highway

Good to know. I scoured the internet, looking up apartments across the metro and looked up crime stats in the area and pretty much decided to stay away from downtown and the south side of the metro (even though they had one nice luxury apartment out there). Where most of the apartments I've found are out by anchorage, middletown, and the outer east end, by the highway
I’d love to provide a little direction. maybe I’ll try to figure out the messaging on this page

Advertisement
Moving to Louisville with the Fiance (married Aug 14th, moved up because covid is a *****) for work (her-news, me-finance). Any good eats around in the area? I'm a big sandwich person and she loves seafood.

Any areas to visit? I'm a big history/sports nut, so the Muhammad Ali Center and his childhood home are must for me. Also looking to get tickets to churchill downs.

Anything else out there in Louisville?

Anything down Bardstown Rd is good... tons of good places to eat, bars and breweries. My fav place is called The Silver Dollar. Its an old firehouse turned into restuarant

2017-04-08.jpg

Was watching a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives episode last night and Guy was in Louisville eating some cool looking gulf coast style seafood plate.
"Seafood Lady " was the restaurant.
I have never been there but it looks good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back