OT: Louisville

CaneLife93

Recruit
Moving to Louisville with the Fiance (married Aug 14th, moved up because covid is a *****) for work (her-news, me-finance). Any good eats around in the area? I'm a big sandwich person and she loves seafood.

Any areas to visit? I'm a big history/sports nut, so the Muhammad Ali Center and his childhood home are must for me. Also looking to get tickets to churchill downs.

Anything else out there in Louisville?

Advertisement
Moving to Louisville with the Fiance (married Aug 14th, moved up because covid is a *****) for work (her-news, me-finance). Any good eats around in the area? I'm a big sandwich person and she loves seafood.

Any areas to visit? I'm a big history/sports nut, so the Muhammad Ali Center and his childhood home are must for me. Also looking to get tickets to churchill downs.

Drink bourbon.

Advertisement
If you like Cuban food try Havana Rumba, they have 2 or 3 locations around Louisville and the food and drinks are pretty good. Cuban Sandwich is very, very good!!!
I wish I would have known that then! I don't go there any longer.

Advertisement

Been to Louisville a few times for work. Feast BBQ is pretty solid. Not going to say it's top notch because I lived in TX for a bit too and hard to compare, but Feast gets the job done. If you're into bourbon at all, there is the bourbon trail and kind of historical.

1595593560299.png

Been there for the Derby a couple times. I'm not a big horse race fan buy that is one of the must sees, so make sure you take advantage of it if you are living there. Couple weeks of festival beforehand.

Advertisement

Any areas to visit? I'm a big history/sports nut, so the Muhammad Ali Center and his childhood home are must for me. Also looking to get tickets to Churchill downs.

Nulu is a cool area, Bardstown road (Bars), St Mattews area (Bars), Frankfort Ave
Cave Hill cemetery and Waverly Hills
The Parklands of Floyds Fork (Biking & Canoeing)
Cherokee Park
Norton commons is very nice place to check out
Slugger museum is cool to see once
Hammerheads
La Bodeguita (New Cuban place)
Mussel and burger bar
Captains quarters (on the river)
A lot of good places around YUM center: Trool Pub, Down one bourbon bar, 4th street, 8up, sidebar
There were always music festivals on the waterfront before covid (they will come back)

Churchill tickets don't do the paddock/infield tickets unless you want to be around young hammered people and you cant see the race anymore.
Wednesday and Thursday are easy to get awesome seats for like $60-$80 food and drinks included, a lot of fun.(more of a locals day not as many people still a full day a races both days)
Friday (Oaks) and Saturday(Derby) are harder to come by and your going to pay a lot more but its awesome to do it every couple years.
bourbon distilleries and tours are everywhere and they are fun

You are going to live there, right, not just a weekend? What's you gonna do after one visit to the Ali center? Not like you buy a season pass. And how many times can you go to the track? You're gonna be bored pretty quick, like by Monday.

You are going to live there, right, not just a weekend? What's you gonna do after one visit to the Ali center? Not like you buy a season pass. And how many times can you go to the track? You're gonna be bored pretty quick, like by Monday.
Live there, should have been more specific. Those are just things we want to do when we first move there. We're looking to live on the East side of Louisville, going at the end of the month to secure a place.

Advertisement
Jtown is a good spot. Don’t go west of Preston hwy and delay your move if possible. City will burn down unfortunately when they release the breona Taylor verdict next week

Live there, should have been more specific. Those are just things we want to do when we first move there. We're looking to live on the East side of Louisville, going at the end of the month to secure a place.
Move to Shelby County to the immediate East if you like oxygen and green space. Louisville is on track to become the next St. Louis with its wholly inept municipal governance. Property taxes going up 14% this year to better compensate the indoctrinators. With that said, Jeff Ruby’s steakhouse is solid, Havana Rumba (see above) is too, and the Bourbon Trail is fantastic. If you like to get in nature, ignore the Louisvillians and go to the Appalachian mountains to hike. Other than that, nothing here, which is why I’m dying for Miami Beach to open back up so I can bring my girl down to frolic. Should be an interesting weekend here, the BLM militia is in town to further crap on our downtown.

Advertisement
Back