OT: Lions vs Bucs

Oh Yeah Yes GIF by DICK'S Sporting Goods
this ya mans @IndayArtHauz ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Too bad the city of San Francisco band paper bags, baby doll.

You’re gonna have to bring something biodegradable to put over your head on Sunday.

Only thing Im bringing.
Fail Take This GIF by eUnited
Wayment as @djnellz would say. This is coming down in the NFC to the San Francisco Babydolls vs the Cway Lions?

Which outcome brings the Lions closer to drafting a certain QB from the same state???

IMG_4166.gif

Asking for a friend from Michigan who now lives in Texas.

Can someone please explain something to me? After Mayfield hit Mike Evans to make the score 23-31, why did Bowles go for 2? What is the point of going for 2 in that situation? Makes no rational sense.

Can someone please explain something to me? After Mayfield hit Mike Evans to make the score 23-31, why did Bowles go for 2? What is the point of going for 2 in that situation? Makes no rational sense.
This is becoming a sort of analytical trend. Another team did it earlier this year, can’t remember who. And I think. Manny did it once.

The thinking is you are trying to win the game in regulation, which made sense here. Bucs weren’t winning it OT, Detroit had scored TD’s on 3 straight possessions. So the bucs go for 2 and get it, well you make one stop, score again and then kick the PAT for the win.
If you miss, like they did, u still have a chance to tie the game with a conversion.

You will see more and more of this in comebacks, especially when the team chasing doesn’t have a reliable defence or run game. Rather take the chance on getting a couple of yards rather than driving the field.

Advertisement
This is becoming a sort of analytical trend. Another team did it earlier this year, can’t remember who. And I think. Manny did it once.

The thinking is you are trying to win the game in regulation, which made sense here. Bucs weren’t winning it OT, Detroit had scored TD’s on 3 straight possessions. So the bucs go for 2 and get it, well you make one stop, score again and then kick the PAT for the win.
If you miss, like they did, u still have a chance to tie the game with a conversion.

You will see more and more of this in comebacks, especially when the team chasing doesn’t have a reliable defence or run game. Rather take the chance on getting a couple of yards rather than driving the field.
Very interesting. Personally I kick it there then save the decision on the 2pt for the next TD if I get it. From my perspective it just deflates you If you don't make it and it's unnecessary at that juncture anyway.

Very interesting. Personally I kick it there then save the decision on the 2pt for the next TD if I get it. From my perspective it just deflates you If you don't make it and it's unnecessary at that juncture anyway.
That is the other option.
I guess the first option technically gives you 2 potential positive outcomes out of 3: (a) you win (b) the game continues (c) you lose.
Compared to just winning or losing. And you only need to make 1/2 vs have it all on one single play.

What would have helped is if they hit the 41 yard FG, then later in the game Baker takes a sack to fall out of FG range on 3rd and medium. I think you make those 6 points, the game looks different. But every NFL game has these moments. Comes down to about 9 or 10 plays that decide the game.

I’m a bucs fan and it felt we were playing with house money in the playoffs…but I now don’t really know what the vision is, or should be.

That is the other option.
I guess the first option technically gives you 2 potential positive outcomes out of 3: (a) you win (b) the game continues (c) you lose.
Compared to just winning or losing. And you only need to make 1/2 vs have it all on one single play.

What would have helped is if they hit the 41 yard FG, then later in the game Baker takes a sack to fall out of FG range on 3rd and medium. I think you make those 6 points, the game looks different. But every NFL game has these moments. Comes down to about 9 or 10 plays that decide the game.

I’m a bucs fan and it felt we were playing with house money in the playoffs…but I now don’t really know what the vision is, or should be.
Good discussion. The whole concept of analytics is fascinating to me but there is also an element present in today's game that I find maddening and very counterintuitive and that is the blind loyalty to whatever the analytic sheet says at the expense of a head coach using his own personal judgement based on experience and the way the game is going at the moment. Analytics can't provide that.

Advertisement
Had zero problem with it.

Advertisement
Let's go Detroit!

I ain't going to hold y'all up though I think we about to get spanked by SF.

They got a Good defense and we on the Road which Goff hasn't been good at this year. Boy might throw 2-3 picks. If the game was in Detroit I'd feel better. But going on the road where Goff struggles I'm not sure.....SF might win by 3 scores.

But that's why we play the games. Let's go Detroit.

Ok that's great but that wasn't my question. I didn't really have a huge issue with it just didn't really understand the rationale. It has since been explained.
Also, the odds of making 2 XP is not 100 percent (especially now). I think the percentage is something between 93-95%
The odds of getting at least 1 of 2 2pt conversions is like 55%

I think with kickers struggling with XPs these days, you will continue to see 2pt attempts go up, the same way we are now seeing more teams go for 4th and short, sometimes even on their side of the field.

Let's go Detroit!

I ain't going to hold y'all up though I think we about to get spanked by SF.

They got a Good defense and we on the Road which Goff hasn't been good at this year. Boy might throw 2-3 picks. If the game was in Detroit I'd feel better. But going on the road where Goff struggles I'm not sure.....SF might win by 3 scores.

But that's why we play the games. Let's go Detroit.
Ain't no way you from Detroit.

Advertisement
Back