OT: Lincoln Riley Offense: Dan Orlovsky's View

Advertisement
I kinda liked Houstons offense as well. Plays were there and they had some nifty designs. Qb just wasnt up to the task yet.

This isn’t fair , as I’ve posted previous times Riley is so far ahead of the game offensively. He’s the innovator now , dude has constructed his own offense.

It’s not fair. If you’re a smart defender you’re screwed , you’ll read run by the ol and it’ll be pass or vice versa. Now he’s doing stuff like this?

It’s almost cheating , the guy is a genius. For real.

Advertisement
Jerry Jones gonna send Lincoln Riley a blank check next off-season.

Yup but he'd probably be wise to not take it. Aside from having to deal with Jerry it seems like offensive "geniuses" always eventually get caught up with by NFL defensive minds and salary cap limitations. As soon as your QB has to get paid then a lot of "gurus" tend to be exposed too.

Watch what happens with Sean McVay after Goff gets a new deal.

Advertisement
Since they dont have to pay players, tv deals, etc.. the college coach salaries have exploded last few years.. Only reason to go to nfl is to try to climb that mountain..

Exactly. Aside from career legacy aspirations it basically becomes a tradeoff of do you want to deal with recruiting/babysitting vs do you want to deal with the salary cap and having less control over pro players than you do with teenagers.

I'm pretty sure Super Bowl winners like Mike Tomlin and John Harbaugh probably make less than a handful of current college coaches.

Jalen Hurts is going to likely win the Heisman and end up a Round 1 pick. What Riley is doing over there is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Jalen Hurts is going to likely win the Heisman and end up a Round 1 pick. What Riley is doing over there is ridiculous.
A easy offense to pick up and produce in. He learned from leach. Leach took a grad transfer qb from ecu last year who wasn't that good and had him put up elite numbers.

Advertisement
Hes put his print on Leach's system right? It seems way more advanced then what Leach does
Yep. The core of the offense is that old leach air raid. Riley has added a lot to that system and made that shît even more lethal. And riley will run the ball too. Leach just throws the ball too much for me.

Riley has such continuity with bedenbaugh who helped him design the offense. That PRO thing only works if your o-line is really smart and plugged in. They're really just working on a different level. Can you imagine our guys doing that with the performance we just witnessed against Ufag

Advertisement
Back