OT: LBJ

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m happy though lol. Heat are guaranteed playoff contenders now lol !

@plantcity3 (aka the world’s only magic fan) is probably somewhere cheering his *** off too lol !
**** naw. We need to trust the process. I wish we would quit this half trying to compete, half tank mode bs. We can’t develop players because we continue to run our offense through vets like Fournier and Vuc who would be good role players for contending teams but should absolutely not be leading a team trying to rebuild. Hopefully we flip Vuc for a PG, and let Gordon/Issac/Bamba take over.

Man another topic I’d love to get into but I’m afraid of all the social justice warriors on here

Forget that. It’s fair enough if it has to do with an athlete. It goes both ways. (Kobe’s was a payday bimbo, imo). There are women that have been legit raped. But there are also cleat chasers looking for a payday. Just like in the business world, there are women that have legitimately been sexually harassed, and there are women looking for a payday. The problem is nobody talks about the ones looking for a payday. But to admit it’s not true is disingenuous. But you can’t talk about the ones looking for a payday. Know why? It’s cheaper for a company to pay them something so they go away than to fight them in court. That’s a dead on fact.

Forget that. It’s fair enough if it has to do with an athlete. It goes both ways. There are women that have been legit raped. But there are also cleat chasers looking for a payday. Just like in the business world, there are women that have legitimately been sexually harassed, and there are women looking for a payday. The problem is nobody talks about the ones looking for a payday. But to admit it’s not true is disingenuous. But you can’t talk about the ones looking for a payday. Know why? It’s cheaper for a company to pay them something so they go away than to fight them in court. That’s a dead on fact.
Nah definitely goes both ways for sure and you have to be naive to think athletes don’t do it (Jameis Winston comes to mind). But yea what comes to mind is the duke lacrosse team and I can’t find the article atm but a d2 or d3 player got accused of raping a girl but she got caught lying about it more than likely she will get a slap on the wrist.

It’s just not an athlete thing though ... My biggest qualm is that since it can goes both ways the guys usually get the book to thrown at them while if woman fabricates it nothing happens and something like that can ruin your life

Advertisement
Its stuff like this that keeps me from watching.

Used to love basketball. Made it to college even (albeit a small college).

I modeled my game after guys like Dennis Rodman and Bill Laimbeer. I liked tough, physical basketball.

It's not the same now. Can't talk trash, can't play physical defense, can't even look at an opponent funny or you'll get teched.

If the GSW played in the 90s, they would make it to the playoffs but lose. Guards were capable of being much more physical back then. Gary Peyton would give Curry fits at the 3 point line.

Also, there WAS a post game back then. Dominant big men would set up at the high or low post and get to the basket, something GSW is ill equipped to do.

You think guys like Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaq, David Robinson or Patrick Ewing would have trouble getting to the basket? In todays league, there is no one to guard them!

Advertisement
Well Since this thread has already been derailed into oblivion I’m shooting my shot .....
those statistics about women in college are bull****

Of course they are. Conflation of regret = rape in some instances but just fraudulent overall data designed to push a narrative but ending up as comical overreach that ends up hurting the cause- a cause rooted in a very real problem but no way in **** THAT big of an epidemic. No parent should be sending their daughter to college if those figures are even remotely accurate.

Apologize for the rant but I hate advocates that actively lie or exaggerate on behalf of a cause because they think an overall good is being accomplished. They're too stupid and shortsighted to see how their lack of intellectual honesty actually hurts their efforts.

All that said, Houston or freakin' Bahhston wins a title before Bron Bron even sniffs a conference finals with the Lakers. But but but the move to LA was about bigger things than just basketball! Whatever.

Of course they are. Conflation of regret = rape in some instances but just fraudulent overall data designed to push a narrative but ending up as comical overreach that ends up hurting the cause- a cause rooted in a very real problem but no way in **** THAT big of an epidemic. No parent should be sending their daughter to college if those figures are even remotely accurate.

Apologize for the rant but I hate advocates that actively lie or exaggerate on behalf of a cause because they think an overall good is being accomplished. They're too stupid and shortsighted to see how their lack of intellectual honesty actually hurts their efforts.

All that said, Houston or freakin' Bahhston wins a title before Bron Bron even sniffs a conference finals with the Lakers. But but but the move to LA was about bigger things than just basketball! Whatever.
Dude that first sentence is so accurate it’s not even funny ... i had some freshman orientation for football about it and I’m thinking no one is going to call bull****
yea it’s like well we are sending are daughter off to college there’s a 25% chance she’s going to get raped or sexually assaulted ... guess we gotta roll the dice for education
Like you said it’s short sighted and just causes more problems and dilutes a situation when it’s a he said she said case

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back