OT (Kind of): Basketball Team Help

The AD has the power to terminate contracts of anyone working in the Athletic Department. He would normally got to the head coach first and let him do the firing, but if that coach is too stubborn to do the deed, he could step in and do it for him.
What Pete Garcia did.

Advertisement
I agree with what some of you said that our ,don't make waves, and take the easy way out, AD will never fire Coach L. I also agree with those who said Caputo is next man up. I think that all of this crap over the last 3-4 years has to be taking it's toll on the old fellow Jim L., I would think he's about ready to pack it in. He has had a good deal of talent the last 5 years, or so, and nothing to show for it...think he say's goodbye this year, or next the latest. That will bring up a new issue...will playing for unproven Caputo make any of the talented HS player toes tingle?

I think some of y’all are missing the point of why Coach L has seemingly fallen off a cliff after 2016. We don’t have an identity and Really haven’t since 2013. We got old and had great guard play with Shane and Durand. Had a sharp shooters in TMJ/Brown. Had a Swiss Army knife in Kadji. Physicality inside with JG and occasionally Reggie. That will never be duplicated here again IMO.

Since then we’ve had the highest rated recruits the program has seen, but no depth. We’ve lacked interior play and lacked the ability to develop any. The reason we beat Duke and UNC is guard play, despite getting hammered on the boards most games. Both of those teams struggle defending the pick and roll which used to be L’s staple. Now we have inconsistent ball handlers and no 3 point shooting. So if you can’t shoot the three and can’t manufacture points in the paint, how do you score? You give the ball to Lykes or Wong and hope for a miracle. That’s not a recipe for success. This has been a problem for much longer than most want to admit. It’s just been amplified by injuries and the FBI case.

Combine all of that with lackluster FT shooting and you get what we have now. Its pickup basketball.

Advertisement
Back