OT (Kind of): Basketball Team Help

I know this is the football board and I know a lot of you couldn’t give a **** about our basketball team, but we need you all to help us Canes Basketball fans organize a way to drive up the heat on that joke of an AD Blake James to fire Coach Larrañaga!!! The team is god awful, they have about a million injuries because god knows what they are doing in practice. This is 3 years in a row and changes need to be made. What I’m asking is for the same fans who led the Golden charge to start throwing out #FireCoachL on Twitter so we can get James’ attention!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hope coach L realizes he’s the problem and retires. Like stated Flake won’t do anything
Whatever nonsense he said today about tossing Cross off the team was really the final nail for me. He is in his freshman year, in an abnormal school year, and L booted him because he couldn’t initially get through to him? Meanwhile, he has had a roster multiple spots below the scholarship limit for years and is now complaining about no depth. No ****. It’s hard to compete when you put yourself on sanctions with scholarship reductions.

I know this is the football board and I know a lot of you couldn’t give a **** about our basketball team, but we need you all to help us Canes Basketball fans organize a way to drive up the heat on that joke of an AD Blake James to fire Coach Larrañaga!!! The team is god awful, they have about a million injuries because god knows what they are doing in practice. This is 3 years in a row and changes need to be made. What I’m asking is for the same fans who led the Golden charge to start throwing out #FireCoachL on Twitter so we can get James’ attention!
FTB*

*Just do it with one of those in-arena blimps

Depends on when Coach L’s contract expires. As we just saw with the Baker situation, UM clearly does not care for payouts.
Maybe Blake can demote Coach L to assistant coach and encourage him to interview with other programs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The whole thing is sad. Coach L was a great coach for many years. But the Adidas scandal seemed to crush him and the program. Coach L hasn’t been able to recover.
Miami's struggles aren't solely because of the Adidas scandal. It's got a lot more to do with an inept staff that he's surrounded himself with. As much as I like Coach L, he's being either too stubborn, too dumb or too nice to make changes. Coach L's staff took a turn for the worse once Eric Konkol and Micheal Huger left to take head coaching jobs elsewhere. It's been down hill ever since.

I don't think Coach L forgot how to coach. Still think he's one of the better coaches in the ACC, but he needs help particularly in recruiting. Our staff has done a **** poor job the last few years.

They should find the money to spend big and just try for one and done central. What a location to spend one year before you head off to the NBA. That's going to take a big name and Rick Pitino as mentioned above would be an absolute BOSS move.

People don't like to hear it, but we're far better suited to be a basketball power than a football power.

They should find the money to spend big and just try for one and done central. What a location to spend one year before you head off to the NBA. That's going to take a big name and Rick Pitino as mentioned above would be an absolute BOSS move.

People don't like to hear it, but we're far better suited to be a basketball power than a football power.
We really are set up well to be a basketball power. We just need to find someone with vision and the ability to create a program that understands how to attract top talent. With the NIL stuff, hoops should be a on a rocket ship. Miami has become a huge basketball town. Instead it feels like we are a doormat

Advertisement
Back