OT....Kawhi and Paul George to the Clippers

Miami has plenty of contracts they could move. One of only teams that can because if you signed free agents none of them can be trade until December.

Dragic 19 million per year ( 1 year left)
Kelly olynyk 11 million per year ( 2 years left)
Winslow 13 million per year(3 years left)
Waiters 12 million per year(2 years left)
James Johnson 15 million per year(2 years left)

Those are contracts that could be used to get Westbrook

Plus the young assets( Winslow, herro, adebayo). They reportedly want 2 of them. They don’t have any picks they can trade based on rules but Miami could unprotect the pick that the thunder own of Miami and also swap a pick so they can draft that player earlier

I’d tell okc suck my balls , they have no power here. None.

Advertisement
Ok, I don’t follow miami . I just heard they were strapped with the cap. I didn’t know the roster or contracts situation. I knew dragic had a big deal though. That’s it.

Miami would be fools to give up anything worth a **** or assets. Okc wants to drop that contract , that’s it.

Make the money work , that’s it. Any play worth a **** would stay.
I’m willing to give 1 asset in Winslow if need be. Possibly 2 if push comes to shove in bam if that’s what we absolutely have to do if someone else is close to acquiring Westbrook and it tips the scale.

I’m willing to give 1 asset in Winslow if need be. Possibly 2 if push comes to shove in bam if that’s what we absolutely have to do if someone else is close to acquiring Westbrook and it tips the scale.

Tips the scale? It might make y’all a 5-6 seed, maybe. It’s sfill a first round exit lol. Just keeping it real bruh. That’s why I don’t get the deal on y’all a side at all. Just taking that contract is lunacy, there’s a reason multiple teams have said no.

Riley can’t be this dumb. Especially giving up assets.

Last edited:
Barry Jackson said the Heat are essentially playing hardball and refusing to include Bam or Herro. This is the hold up. It is weird to say this about a team trading for a very recent MVP, but the Heat are in the position of power in this trade.

Barry Jackson said the Heat are essentially playing hardball and refusing to include Bam or Herro. This is the hold up. It is weird to say this about a team trading for a very recent MVP, but the Heat are in the position of power in this trade.

Exactly.

I was about to say Riley is too smart for that. Okc can’t have their cake and eat it too. They want that contract gone. He’s not Paul George and his contract isn’t either.

Advertisement
Tips the scale? It might make y’all a 5-6 seed, maybe. It’s sfill a first round exit lol. Just keeping it real bruh. That’s why I don’t get the deal on y’all a side at all. Just taking that contract is lunacy, there’s a reason multiple teams have said no.

Riley can’t be this dumb. Especially giving up assets.
Naw I’m talking about in the trade. Adding Westbrook make Miami at least top 3-4 in the east with a chance at competing against anyone. Miami would possibly have the best duo in the east after kyrie and kd

Definitely a negotiating tactic

Naw I’m talking about in the trade. Adding Westbrook make Miami at least top 3-4 in the east with a chance at competing against anyone. Miami would possibly have the best duo in the east after kyrie and kd

I’d be shocked if they were higher than a 5-6. Second round would be their ceiling.

Advertisement
I’d be shocked if they were higher than a 5-6. Second round would be their ceiling.

w russ, its a top 3-4 east team IF you keep Bam, Herro (who jsut signed), and winslow. milwaukee got worse by losing brogdon. philly has closer issues by losing jimmy (but to me theyre the best in the east on paper). toronto is done as a contender for now. indiana is going to be good esp w dipo back healthy. boston is back to the middle of the east.

w russ, its a top 3-4 east team IF you keep Bam, Herro (who jsut signed), and winslow.
Top 3-4 without Winslow too. The most impressive guy in summer league for me has been Kendrick nunn. He’s a bucket

Advertisement
i just dont think winslow fits anymore with 2 ball dominant stars unless he suddenly becomes a lethal 3 and D (doubtful)
He can become that though, he’s at 38% at 3 point shooting which is good and his defense is great as well. He’s a solid player but I want Westbrook and none of these guys should stop that for happening honestly

Maaaaannnn...

Who TF is Tyler Herro!?!

If yall dont get this T-rex arms having Rex Chapman version 2.0 out my face.

Unless he is the second coming of Steph Curry, he can kick rocks w Bam, and Winslow, too.

These are not players anywhere near Russ' level.

Advertisement
w russ, its a top 3-4 east team IF you keep Bam, Herro (who jsut signed), and winslow. milwaukee got worse by losing brogdon. philly has closer issues by losing jimmy (but to me theyre the best in the east on paper). toronto is done as a contender for now. indiana is going to be good esp w dipo back healthy. boston is back to the middle of the east.

Boston is still loaded and will be better as a team with kemba over kyrie. Haywood should be close to his old self and Tatum was a stud before kyrie. That dude completely ruined that teams mojo. I like them a lot more than Miami. Better roster and also added a couple studs in the draft.

Indiana was a playoff team without their best player , added brogden and a better roster top to bottom. They could make a run at one seed. Nice roster top to bottom.

Philly definitely has a better roster than Miami. Top to bottom and starting five.

Milwaukee has the best player in the east and will still be trouble.

I dont like to get into debates with teams fans, especially when I don’t have a team. So I’m pretty unbiased.

I just think Westbrook is a one trick pony that doesn’t make anyone better, doesn’t play defense , plays for padding stats , stands around doing nothing off the ball. Oh and is an atrocious shooter.

Everyone said they were title contenders in okc when they landed George too lol.

Butler is a good player but that’s all, good. Plays great d and isn’t scared of the moment. But there’s also a reason he bounces from team to team. He’s not “ the guy “ or a franchise type player.

Miami is the only team willing to touch this awful contract. Or make that deal. Imo, It’s a desperate attempt at relevance. There’s no chance at a legit threat at the east. So why do it?

I get it, there’s heat fans here, but I don’t get the talks of a top three seed. That’s hilarious.

But oh well , that’s why we’re fans lol.

Maaaaannnn...

Who TF is Tyler Herro!?!

Unless he is the second coming of Steph Curry, he can kick rocks w Bam, and Winslow, too.

It’s such a no brainer nobody else will do it. Have fun paying two guys and being 5-10 games better than last year.

But hey you’ll be on tv more.

Maaaaannnn...

Who TF is Tyler Herro!?!

He looks good but this is summer league at the end of the day. Miami fans and beat writers are prisoners of the moment and act like the young guys on the roster are untouchable for a guy like Russell Westbrook which is a ******* ridiculous line of thinking.

Boston is still loaded and will be better as a team with kemba over kyrie. Haywood should be close to his old self and Tatum was a stud before kyrie. That dude completely ruined that teams mojo. I like them a lot more than Miami. Better roster and also added a couple studs in the draft.

Indiana was a playoff team without their best player , added brogden and a better roster top to bottom. They could make a run at one seed. Nice roster top to bottom.

Philly definitely has a better roster than Miami. Top to bottom and starting five.

Milwaukee has the best player in the east and will still be trouble.

I dont like to get into debates with teams fans, especially when I don’t have a team. So I’m pretty unbiased.

I just think Westbrook is a one trick pony that doesn’t make anyone better, doesn’t play defense , plays for padding stats , stands around doing nothing off the ball. Oh and is an atrocious shooter.

Everyone said they were title contenders in okc when they landed George too lol.

Butler is a good player but that’s all, good. Plays great d and isn’t scared of the moment. But there’s also a reason he bounces from team to team. He’s not “ the guy “ or a franchise type player.

Miami is the only team willing to touch this awful contract. Or make that deal. Imo, It’s a desperate attempt at relevance. There’s no chance at a legit threat at the east. So why do it?

I get it, there’s heat fans here, but I don’t get the talks of a top three seed. That’s hilarious.

But oh well , that’s why we’re fans lol.

russ is inefficient and is a poor shooter, BUT i will say that PG did have his best year next to Russ. OKC was really good early in the year till PG tore up his shoulders and then went off the cliff the second half of the year. i do agree on butler, but he did turn down a 5 year max from PHI to come to miami. he got fed up in minnesota and chicago, to an extent, bc of immaturity around him. miami needs to find multiple stars next to him to maximize his talents and the rest of his prime. my first choice is beal but he isnt available right now. idk if you can wait another year and risk another year of butlers prime or even injuries. i dont think boston will be a top tier team in the east without horford. kemba is fine, not a max player and hes older than kyrie, but will def fit better. im not high on hayward at all esp at his salary, but thats irrelevant. tatum had a great rookie year and then fell off last year. a lot of their issues were actually combined with hayward AND kyrie not solely kyrie. a lot of the players actually blamed stevens desire to play hayward back into shape.

Advertisement
Back