OT Joe Burrow Heisman Speech

Advertisement
I agree, good speech. Should give LSU a boost in recruiting (as if they need it).

Can't see how Burrow misses in the NFL. He has a lot of gifts. Good in the locker room, easy to coach, pocket awareness, accurate arm, moves around the pocket well, decent speed, good footwork, works on his game. He actually might be good enough to make the Bengals competitive again, assuming they draft/sign an offensive line to protect him.

This is what CFB is about. Great speech, awesome kid. I'll be rooting for him in the NFL i wish he was going to the Dolphins.

I'd like to see him picked by the Phins but it doesn't look that way right now....
I'm hoping we don't waste our first pick on Tua "hoping" he pans out in a year or so... What I do hope we do is pick Jerry Jeudy first and maybe get Deandre Swift in the middle of the first and pick Jalen Hurts if available shortly after...
Aside from that Burrow deserved everything he got this year.. He straight freaking balled....

I'd like to see him picked by the Phins but it doesn't look that way right now....
I'm hoping we don't waste our first pick on Tua "hoping" he pans out in a year or so... What I do hope we do is pick Jerry Jeudy first and maybe get Deandre Swift in the middle of the first and pick Jalen Hurts if available shortly after...
Aside from that Burrow deserved everything he got this year.. He straight freaking balled....
That injury tuA got is too bad imo. Phins should get Herbert

Advertisement
My only gripe with the speech was how some simpletons misinterpreted it and not Burrow or the speech itself.

Burrow's dad was a college coordinator. They were fine financially. Ohio as a whole is a ****hole where poor white trash utilize free food handouts (yet somehow still think they're superior to minorities)- ie Burrow's mention of the food banks in Athens, Ohio.

Loved his speech. Kid is already operating in an NFL offense at an extremely high level. The Bengals would also be his hometown team So it sounds meant to be.

Loved his speech. Kid is already operating in an NFL offense at an extremely high level. The Bengals would also be his hometown team So it sounds meant to be.

At worst I think the kid is going to be a competent NFL starter and if you can get a top 15 type QB in today's league you've already won half the battle. Especially if they can start right away and you don't have to pay him the real big $$$ until that second contract.

Burrow was a 57% passer in 2018. Then Brady comes along with the spread O and he's at 77% in 2019. Yes, LSU has a much better OL than Miami but it's not like they got a talent upgrade between 2018 and 2019. Spread can do a lot for a QBs stats.

I dont really like any of the QBs in the draft- Tua, Burrows, or Herbert. I might draft one of them with a very late 1st round pick (like Lamar Jackson). Would absolutely not use a top 10 pick on one of them.

In any case I'd like to see what Martell or Perry could do in a spread offense. I've removed JW from consideration as I say in all honesty I've never seen a QB who seemed as disinterested as JW did in the last 2 games.

Advertisement
My only gripe with the speech was how some simpletons misinterpreted it and not Burrow or the speech itself.

Burrow's dad was a college coordinator. They were fine financially. Ohio as a whole is a ****hole where poor white trash utilize free food handouts (yet somehow still think they're superior to minorities)- ie Burrow's mention of the food banks in Athens, Ohio.
It’s crazy up there. In Greene County, everybody has an EBT card and gets a portion of their rent paid for (on top of dirt cheap rent). Entire towns are all in the same social class, floating around or just above the poverty line.

This is what CFB is about. Great speech, awesome kid. I'll be rooting for him in the NFL i wish he was going to the Dolphins.

Great kid! Nothing was given to him, he earned it all the right way. I’ll be rooting for him every step in the nfl and from what I’ve seen out of him this year, seems like his the heir apparent to becoming the next golden boy.

Advertisement
It’s crazy up there. In Greene County, everybody has an EBT card and gets a portion of their rent paid for (on top of dirt cheap rent). Entire towns are all in the same social class, floating around or just above the poverty line.
Actually according to the government stats in Grren County, OH , 11.6% ( 1 in 8, which is also the national average) of people receive food assistance. Not a high number at all. Blacks make up 7.2% of Greene County, Ohio... Nearly one in four African-Americans are food insecure, making them almost twice as likely as the overall population to experience food insecurity. I really don't like downtrodden communities, I've been around and seen a few. It's terrible. However, leave the country and you'll see poor. The government now calls people with EBT "Food Insecure" not malnourished, or without food etc. This happened when a WHO study said the MOST OBESE demographic in the WORLD are those below Americas poverty line.

"Ohio as a whole is a ****hole where poor white trash utilize free food handouts (yet somehow still think they're superior to minorities)- Is this a FACT or your opinion?

The old offices for North Dakota State football consisted of bathroom-sized rooms in a narrow hallway at the old Bison Sports Arena. It was in this iconic space where the potential of Louisiana State quarterback Joe Burrow was first realized by real Division I eyes.

While the newly hired Bison coaches in 2003 worked putting together a program, the kid spent hours in the hallway throwing a Nerf football. Sometimes it would bounce into the only meeting room. At one point, Bison assistant coach Dan Enos watched the kid throw and was immediately impressed. Assistant Pat Perles was guarded on this assessment.

“I’m like, ‘Really Danny?’” Perles said on Thursday. “The kid is 7 years old and you’re telling me he already has a good throwing motion and you can evaluate it at this age? He says, ‘Yeah.’”

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media...s-with-Bison-football-Fargo-elementary-school

Advertisement
Actually according to the government stats in Grren County, OH , 11.6% ( 1 in 8, which is also the national average) of people receive food assistance. Not a high number at all. Blacks make up 7.2% of Greene County, Ohio... Nearly one in four African-Americans are food insecure, making them almost twice as likely as the overall population to experience food insecurity. I really don't like downtrodden communities, I've been around and seen a few. It's terrible. However, leave the country and you'll see poor. The government now calls people with EBT "Food Insecure" not malnourished, or without food etc. This happened when a WHO study said the MOST OBESE demographic in the WORLD are those below Americas poverty line.
I wouldn’t call the towns down trodden, more like modest. You could tel the entire town and surrounding neighborhood houses had been there a long time. They were all 3 bedroom homes occupied by blue collar people. Didn’t see any ghettos or any mansions.

I thought we were gonna swear a lot and call him soft. He did cry. Misread the board on that one. Oh well. No idea if one great year translates to NFL long term starter.

Ohio as a whole is a ****hole where poor white trash utilize free food handouts (yet somehow still think they're superior to minorities)- ie Burrow's mention of the food banks in Athens, Ohio.

Canton is definitely a $h!thole, went there for the HOF ceremony/game a few years ago. Lotta Quaker women too, and they have big calves. The craftsmanship in their woodwork is A1 though.

Advertisement
Back