OT: Jets get Le'Veon

Now deleted, obviously.

Screenshot_20190313-124051_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
You're not technically* wrong on most of this because a lot of people are either just comparing what he agreed to with the Jets vs just the franchise tag OR how/if they want to spin the Steelers prior reported offer.

Here's what I'm going off of and LeVeon's Camp of Morons never denied any of it as they always had their eyes set on eclipsing Gurley's deal.

"Last year, the All-Pro halfback turned down the Steelers offer for a reported five years and $70 million with $33 million of that guaranteed in the first two years. He would have earned $45 million over three. He also then declined to sign their franchise tag that would have paid him $14.54 million guaranteed last season.

Instead, Bell sat out the entire 2018 season in hopes that he would hit it big as a free agent this year. He did hit it big but not nearly as much as he expected, not even as much had he taken the Steelers offer last summer.

“I’m back in the green baby, let’s get it,” Bell, who played for the green-clad Michigan State Spartans, wrote on Twitter shortly after midnight.

That’s certainly plenty of green cash the green and white Jets doled out to him. But last year, Bell scoffed at the prospect of playing for the Jets at a much higher number. Someone pleaded to Bell in February 2018 on Twitter, saying “we’ll give you $60 million in cash if you come play for” the Jets. Bell’s response was “not ain’t enough to come run with the Jets.”

Now he’ll do it for $8 million less over the life of the contract after giving up much more and a full year of his playing career"

On the point that he was trying to set a new standard and scale, yeah he was not able to do it and that is true. However there is no question that he got a lot more guaranteed money and that is what ultimately counts when it comes to NFL contracts. If you had an offer of 25 million dollars more in guaranteed money plus having a year off to rest your body and regenerate in addition to not getting more wear and tear on it to me that's a win.

On the point that he was trying to set a new standard and scale, yeah he was not able to do it and that is true. However there is no question that he got a lot more guaranteed money and that is what ultimately counts when it comes to NFL contracts. If you had an offer of 25 million dollars more in guaranteed money plus having a year off to rest your body and regenerate in addition to not getting more wear and tear on it to me that's a win.

We're probably going to just have to agree to disagree here because I'm even going off of interpretations where he would've ALREADY cleared $20+ mil in guaranteed $$$ from that original Steelers offer.

The other issue is that while he may have gotten healthy (or fat) by jet skiing and eating croquettes down here for the last year, he also more than likely shaved a year off the end of his career if he's planning on any income beyond this deal ala Frank Gore. Again, not a huge issue in the present but Father Time catches up with most RBs post the age of 30 disirregardless if they spent a year in their 20's restin' up.

I digress on all of this though. I'm just glad the headache is over and may head out to South Beach to get "focused" on the upcoming season with Ol' Lev. His mix tape was fire.

Screenshot_20190313-130641_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
Bell and his agent come out huge losers. It only will be worse when he fades into oblivion with the Jets.

Bell and his agent come out huge losers. It only will be worse when he fades into oblivion with the Jets.
Dude your statement screams ignorance by just being a hater. If he went to the phins you would be delusional and acting like you won the lottery. Le'Veon is a special player and the top Free agent. Smh

Advertisement
Dude your statement screams ignorance by just being a hater. If he went to the phins you would be delusional and acting like you won the lottery. Le'Veon is a special player and the top Free agent. Smh

You're an idiot to assume that I am a Dolphins fan. You're an even bigger idiot spewing the nonsense in this thread. Are you his ball masseuse?

I am not questioning his talent. He made a bad business decision and lost millions. Now, he is on a team where he likely will struggle to find the same level of past success - end of story.

You're an idiot to assume that I am a Dolphins fan. You're an even bigger idiot spewing the nonsense in this thread. Are you his ball masseuse?

I am not questioning his talent. He made a bad business decision and lost millions. Now, he is on a team where he likely will struggle to find the same level of past success - end of story.
You are dumb the guy made 35 million and got to sit out a year with no injuries and no wear and tear. I'm stating the facts and the one who doesn't know anything obviously is you. It's pretty evident that You don't know jackish about finances or football. GTFOH

Advertisement
Serious question....would it be NY or NJ tax? They both are a ****** deal anyways. And if he lives in NY does he pay both?

Bonus points for being perceptive!

Both the Jets and Giants pay New Jersey taxes. You'd have to file two returns if you live in NY. A "non-resident" return in Joisy and a resident in one New Yahk.

Disirregardless, you'd probably be paying north of 40% in total taxes if you're in that bracket.

Advertisement
Its a Jet move lol, they are doomed and destined to fail.

Exactly , only the jets would pay that for a rb.

Cowherd had a list of the teams spending all the cash today and they’re all horrible franchises.

I ain’t mad at bell but nobody pays backs crazy money anymore. The rams did it and now gurleys knee is arthritic.

Exactly , only the jets would pay that for a rb.

Cowherd had a list of the teams spending all the cash today and they’re all horrible franchises.

I ain’t mad at bell but nobody pays backs crazy money anymore. The rams did it and now gurleys knee is arthritic.

belechick is in barbados just chilling bc he knows the trash get involved with the trades and FA spending spree right now.

Advertisement
Back