OT: Jets get Le'Veon

Advertisement
Wait a minute. He sat out all of last year and signed a deal worth less than his extension was going to be with the Steelers? Bruh... fire your agent now

i saw that he only would've gotten 10 guaranteed from the steelers in their final offer with the rest being rolling guarantees. he got 35 mill from the jets, but on a lesser deal. in the end, the only real money that matters is the guaranteed money

Wait a minute. He sat out all of last year and signed a deal worth less than his extension was going to be with the Steelers? Bruh... fire your agent now
Jets gave more guaranteed money and easier incentives that can make it up to 61 mill. Steelers were only guarantee 20 mill..Jets is 35 Mill. Plus he has over a year to rest his body and no wear and tear.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jets gave more guaranteed money and easier incentives that can make it up to 61 mill. Steelers were only guarantee 20 mill..Jets is 35 Mill. Plus he has over a year to rest his body and no wear and tear.

Thanks - didn't see the guaranteed money part. Obviously makes a big difference!

Nope. He's never recouping the lost money from last year despite the guaranteed Jets money. He sat out a year to take a pay cut now and his agent (Adisa Bakari) should basically be stripped of his certification.

Screenshot_20190313-021716_Twitter.jpg

Nope. He's never recouping the lost money from last year despite the guaranteed Jets money. He sat out a year to take a pay cut now and his agent (Adisa Bakari) should basically be stripped of his certification.

View attachment 81931

He does kind of recoup due to the guarantee of at least 35 mill over 20 mill that Pitt offered. Plus the Jets have easy incentives that make the deal possible to 61 mil for 4 years. It was explained by Shefter on ESPN.
Not even adding the side money he will get in NY for commercials, advertising, entertainment fees, etc.
In the NFL...Guarantee money is what matters.

Advertisement
Jets are a terrible franchise and these deals suck. Over paying.

The hope is Darnold develops which I think he can.

He does kind of recoup due to the guarantee of at least 35 mill over 20 mill that Pitt offered. Plus the Jets have easy incentives that make the deal possible to 61 mil for 4 years. It was explained by Shefter on ESPN.
Not even adding the side money he will get in NY for commercials, advertising, entertainment fees, etc.
Those NY taxes are going to sting

Advertisement
He's in for a rude awakening in NYC. He's made a career in Pittsburg by being patient and waiting for a hole to open up behind that great offensive line in Pittsburg.

That ain't going to be the case anymore.

they insanely overpaid for mosely and his skill set. But good for him.

Bell got a good deal not a great deal. Prolly more collusion from most of the owners but it is what it is. With the dumpster fire that is Pittsburgh right now they probably would have moved on from him now anyways.

He gave up nearly $15m guaranteed by not playing last year. Is he going to make that up also? I don’t know, man, still seems crazy to me. Just glad I still managed to win 2 of my 3 fantasy leagues last year despite having him on all 3 teams.

Steelers best offer last year:

5-year deal worth $70M
$33M guaranteed the first 2 years
$45M over the first 3 years
Lost $14.5M by sitting out 2018

Bell got:

4-year deal worth $52.5M
$35M guaranteed

Sooooo he basically sat out a year to get $2M more in overall guaranteed money WHILE sacrificing $14.5M in last year's salary.

We can go down the wormhole of the potential outside benefits of playing in NYC but I think that whole big market endorsement shtick has been largely minimized in today's advertising world.

As far as the relatively minimal incentives, the Steelers may have been/are in disarray but their o-line was/is top-notch. His running style of depending on maximum patience in making cuts is reallllly gonna be put to the test in NY.

I think him and his agent were prisoners of the moment when they saw the money that Todd Gurley got. They just failed to realize that Gurley's deal was as far as that pendulum was going to swing with RB deals and it obviously headed back in the opposite direction over the last 9+ months.

Advertisement
Back