OT: Jesse Palmer Is Goin To Jail....

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know he's technically a gaytor so it's sacrilege but Jesse Palmer is one of the few ESPN talking heads I enjoy. He tends to stay pretty neutral and is generally informative. While I'm not a huge Joey Galloway fan, College Football final is so much better with Joey and Jesse than it was with that **** Lou Holtz and ****** Mark May.

I know he's technically a gaytor so it's sacrilege but Jesse Palmer is one of the few ESPN talking heads I enjoy. He tends to stay pretty neutral and is generally informative. While I'm not a huge Joey Galloway fan, College Football final is so much better with Joey and Jesse than it was with that **** Lou Holtz and ****** Mark May.

I think it's because he's Canadian. I find Kanell to be similarly tolerable for being a godforsaken Nole too. It's probably just because he hates the SEC and advocates for the 8 team Playoff.

Advertisement
IMG_3564.JPG

The only thing that used to annoy me was when he was covering a Thursday night $EC game and he'd always used the "$EC Speed" cliche.

I commend your effort on trying to elevate the content on CIS. Unfortunately, it was all for naught.

Apparently, the sarcasm detectors are turned off this evening.

Not surprising for the shlthole this site has turned into. If you’re not starting a thread about your ghhey boyfriend, or other ghaay topic, or the 10,000th we’re doomed, Richt sucks, or Miami will never win anything ever again in any sport, you just don’t measure up to the current collection of low IQ posters who absolutely love rolling in the shlt sandwich this site has turned into.

I’ll check back with you in six months.

See you in June, brother. Everclear martinis on me.

I made the mistake of reading the comments in the twitter post and now I wanna stick a gun in my mouth.

If you're not already doubting the future viability of mankind on this planet.....those commenters will rapidly get you there.

Advertisement
I think it's because he's Canadian. I find Kanell to be similarly tolerable for being a godforsaken Nole too. It's probably just because he hates the SEC and advocates for the 8 team Playoff.
Just curious what the argument is against an eight team playoff. It can't be money as it should generate millions, and it should fit nicely into a Dec. schedule.

Just curious what the argument is against an eight team playoff. It can't be money as it should generate millions, and it should fit nicely into a Dec. schedule.

The most common "argument" is that it weakens the regular season (it won't) and that 8 teams are too many and will dilute the quality of the Playoff (it's the perfect number and will add to the quality of the Playoff).

The most common person making this argument? TV talking heads and radio hosts. Why? Because the manufactured "controversy" each year gives them a ton of content for their shows and "hot takes". THAT'S where their allegiances fall- not in the betterment of the system.

Advertisement
The most common "argument" is that it weakens the regular season (it won't) and that 8 teams are too many and will dilute the quality of the Playoff (it's the perfect number and will add to the quality of the Playoff).

The most common person making this argument? TV talking heads and radio hosts. Why? Because the manufactured "controversy" each year gives them a ton of content for their shows and "hot takes". THAT'S where their allegiances fall- not in the betterment of the system.
Yes I agree... there's a lot of don't rock-the-boat reaction to the same old-same old post season scheduling mentalities that need the be amended. The 8 game playoff will allow 4 more top quality teams into the mix and eliminate speculation and controversy which has always existed. The 4 team playoff was an improvement, but an 8 team playoff would be exponentially better.

Advertisement
Back