OT: Jerry Kill rips on PJ Fleck and Jimbo...

Sounds like a guy who was super butt hurt that Fleck came in and told them all what he thought about the job they were doing.

...and then did worse.

Jerry Kill seizing on the sideline and from a hospital bed was winning 8-games with Minnesota.

The Boat Rower didn't make a bowl in year one and won seven games in Year 2.

Advertisement
I live in MN, PJ is a pos cheating used car salesman. His schtick is embarrassing to watch. When he runs from sideline to sideline between quarters. And uses the word elite in every sentence. They should have kept Tracy as the coach but he was the “boring” hire and pj was the young loudmouth so they went with him. Gophers will always suck no matter who is coaching but pj is not doin any better than what Tracy did. And jerry kill is an idiot too.
This.

The worst is how he got the university to put oars on the helmet. I hate him for this. Don’t get me wrong - I’m a canes fan thru and thru but had gophers football and hockey season tix for about 7 years now because I live here too. Tim Brewster was the worst - kill and claeys did a lot with a little - Fleck is Brewster part 2 but a little bit better at recruiting.

Advertisement
Yeah but last year improved with 7 wins and whipped Gatech.....
Still less than the 9 that Claeys won the year before Fluke and less than the 8 that Kill won almost every year.

You guys get sucked in with that fake improvement **** when a new HC lowers the bar to a point where 7 wins at a perennial 8 win program is considered “improvement.” Quit being suckers.

The worst is how he got the university to put oars on the helmet. I hate him for this. Don’t get me wrong - I’m a canes fan thru and thru but had gophers football and hockey season tix for about 7 years now because I live here too. Tim Brewster was the worst - kill and claeys did a lot with a little - Fleck is Brewster part 2 but a little bit better at recruiting.
Who was the coach when they were decent with 2 good RB's? Maybe Marion the Barbarian and Lawrence Jabroni?

Advertisement
I live in MN, PJ is a pos cheating used car salesman. His schtick is embarrassing to watch. When he runs from sideline to sideline between quarters. And uses the word elite in every sentence. They should have kept Tracy as the coach but he was the “boring” hire and pj was the young loudmouth so they went with him. Gophers will always suck no matter who is coaching but pj is not doin any better than what Tracy did. And jerry kill is an idiot too.

They fired Tracy Claeys for some real trash reason. I genuinely like Claeys as a coach. I liked Kill, too, FWIW.

I like Fleck to a point. He's a fun guy to have around college football...but he's no star coach...and he has no business trashing the previous regime (that won 8-9 games consistently) when he can't get it done. He has some ticks that remind me way too much of Al Golden - that used car salesman energy being one of them. The habitual excuse making being the other...THE CULTURE is his CLOUD, I guess. Might work at Western Michigan...it shouldn't and likely won't work long term at a school like Minnesota that does have a modicum of standards in their expectations.

Also should be noted, ticket sales are WAY down since PJ has been head coach compared to when Jerry or Tracy were coaching. Although, that’s for the big 3 (b-ball, hockey, football) as well. Most people I’ve talked to here about it are already skeptical of PJ. But he saved himself a year or two rallying off a few wins to end the season and the bowl win.

Advertisement
Who was the coach when they were decent with 2 good RB's? Maybe Marion the Barbarian and Lawrence Jabroni?

Glen Mason. He was the last decent coach the gophers had and a big 10 commentator now. He made his name being an OC for Ohio State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back