OT - Ivy League Spring football considered

Advertisement
People are forgetting the spring will still be an option. Why Im not losing too much sleep yet about not getting to watch King take a snap in a Canes jersey

People are forgetting the spring will still be an option. Why Im not losing too much sleep yet about not getting to watch King take a snap in a Canes jersey

Spring is the only realistic option. CFB cant survive without ticket revenue.

Advertisement
NFL is going to be big mad if their free farm system starts late and potentially forces them to push back next year's draft some.
If you think the NFL will blow up their business model over 1 draft class, then you’d be thinking wrong.

The College players will adjust to the NFL timeline by sitting out and training on their own like Bosa, not the other way around.

Advertisement
If you think the NFL will blow up their business model over 1 draft class, then you’d be thinking wrong.

The College players will adjust to the NFL timeline by sitting out and training on their own like Bosa, not the other way around.

Who said anything about blowing up the NFL's business model? If the NFL can push back the draft some on a 1-time basis, change training camp start dates, but still begin the preseason and regular season on time, they'd explore that (and the potential financial ramifications). If the NFL can exert pressure on the NCAA to have its football season finished by early March (potentially with a half Fall, half Spring set up) they may well do that.

The NFL will do what it believes is in it's best financial interest. But the League absolutely wants college football to proceed as usual.

As far as sitting out, it is one thing to sit out when you are a projected 1st/2nd round pick. It is an entirely different animal for the majority of players who are still counting on this season to prove themselves and move up improve their resume for NFL teams.

I'd move it to spring. That's just me. People like Saban will *****. He can suck a ****. **** that midget.

Advertisement
Who said anything about blowing up the NFL's business model? If the NFL can push back the draft some on a 1-time basis, change training camp start dates, but still begin the preseason and regular season on time, they'd explore that (and the potential financial ramifications). If the NFL can exert pressure on the NCAA to have its football season finished by early March (potentially with a half Fall, half Spring set up) they may well do that.

The NFL will do what it believes is in it's best financial interest. But the League absolutely wants college football to proceed as usual.

As far as sitting out, it is one thing to sit out when you are a projected 1st/2nd round pick. It is an entirely different animal for the majority of players who are still counting on this season to prove themselves and move up improve their resume for NFL teams.

I here and see what you’re selling, but I’m not buying it. The NFL held the hard line and didn’t move their dates during a global pandemic. Don’t think they’ll change it for players next year, when most of the top players can sit out and train.

Many players think they’re 1st and second round; they’ll have agents in their air (see Miami Hurricanes draft eligible players for the last 8-9 years.

Advertisement
Ivy League should just skip a year of football if they are that concerned about it. Nobody cares about Ivy League football.
I didn't know they still played football. Are we sure they are not talking about soccer? I hear some people call it football and it would seem to be more PC for ivy types.

I didn't know they still played football. Are we sure they are not talking about soccer? I hear some people call it football and it would seem to be more PC for ivy types.

Ivy league football is a treasure that has to be protected. If we miss the chance on getting one fitzmagic to the league its a god dammed travesty!

Wishful thinking. We could go 9-0 including a beatdown of FSU before a break til the Spring...all in.

Recruits galore.

Advertisement
Back