OT: Ivins Kicked out

Advertisement
hes right. his real mistake was responding to that clown on twitter. the fake coach handler

@hoops156 in my opinion, ivins responded on twitter correctly. but it came across to some people wrong. I read it as if an all star game called me for a review, how am I going to give a glaring review if I am not allowed at the games to review? ivins. never said he was going to write/give a bad review.

@hoops156 in my opinion, ivins responded on twitter correctly. but it came across to some people wrong. I read it as if an all star game called me for a review, how am I going to give a glaring review if I am not allowed at the games to review? ivins. never said he was going to write/give a bad review.

i do agree w u but he should've never taken the bait. he's smarter than that

Just a question......What if all the writers on 247 boycott MNW for there treatment of the 2 analysts/writers who were shown the door..........in essence this is what Mr GoldChain and MNW is doing......

Advertisement
@CaneSince4Ever ivins NEVER threatened to write a negative. that is a fact. he said if an all star rep asked him about an MNW player do you think he was going to write a glowing review? meaning, how can I write a review if I have no access to their games

HOW THE **** CAN YOU SAY WITH CERTAINTY THAT'S WHAT HE MEANS? DO YOU KNOW HIM PERSONALLY THEN YOU NEED TO PUT "IN YOUR OPINION" THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS DON'T WRITE THAT **** LIKE IT'S A F.UCKI.NG FACT.

IF YOU'RE SUPPORTING IRVINS BEHAVIOR EITHER YOU'RE A RACIST POS OR YOU'RE A RACIST POS AND DON'T KNOW IT. SEE HOW THAT WORKS WHEN I DO IT I DON'T KNOW YOU HOW CAN I SAY FOR A FACT THAT YOU'RE A RACIST POS. IT'S AN OPINION.

A REASONABLE PERSON WOULD LOOK AT HIS POST OF IRVIN'S " DO YOU THINK I'M GOING TO GIVE KIDS FROM MNW A GLOWING REVIEW" AS A WAY OF SAYING HE'S NOT GOING TO HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT KIDS FROM THAT SCHOOL.

WHY SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHY BRING THE KIDS UP PERIOD. YOU'RE ARGUING WITH AN ADULT WHY NOT SAY I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GIVE ANY REVIEWS ON THIS SCHOOL BECAUSE I'M NOT ABLE TO SEE THEM PRACTICE ETC TO GIVE A PROPER EVALUATION. HE'S A REPORTER HE KNOWS HOW TO WORD THINGS APPROPRIATELY HE WORDED IT THAT WAY BECAUSE HE MEANT IT THAT WAY. HE'S A F.UCC.ING POS AND THAT COACH IS A **** HEAD FOR NOT SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THE KIDS HE COACHES.

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE CLOSED I'M GOING TO START CALLING YOU MOTHER F.UCK.ERS. OUT ON YOUR BULLS.HYT IN A MINUTE. STARTING TO **** ME OFF WITH YALL F.UC.K ***** ****.

HOW THE **** CAN YOU SAY WITH CERTAINTY THAT'S WHAT HE MEANS? DO YOU KNOW HIM PERSONALLY THEN YOU NEED TO PUT "IN YOUR OPINION" THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS DON'T WRITE THAT **** LIKE IT'S A F.UCKI.NG FACT.

IF YOU'RE SUPPORTING IRVINS BEHAVIOR EITHER YOU'RE A RACIST POS OR YOU'RE A RACIST POS AND DON'T KNOW IT. SEE HOW THAT WORKS WHEN I DO IT I DON'T KNOW YOU HOW CAN I SAY FOR A FACT THAT YOU'RE A RACIST POS. IT'S AN OPINION.

A REASONABLE PERSON WOULD LOOK AT HIS POST OF IRVIN'S " DO YOU THINK I'M GOING TO GIVE KIDS FROM MNW A GLOWING REVIEW" AS A WAY OF SAYING HE'S NOT GOING TO HAVE ANYTHING POSITIVE TO SAY ABOUT KIDS FROM THAT SCHOOL.

WHY SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHY BRING THE KIDS UP PERIOD. YOU'RE ARGUING WITH AN ADULT WHY NOT SAY I'M NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO GIVE ANY REVIEWS ON THIS SCHOOL BECAUSE I'M NOT ABLE TO SEE THEM PRACTICE ETC TO GIVE A PROPER EVALUATION. HE'S A REPORTER HE KNOWS HOW TO WORD THINGS APPROPRIATELY HE WORDED IT THAT WAY BECAUSE HE MEANT IT THAT WAY. HE'S A F.UCC.ING POS AND THAT COACH IS A **** HEAD FOR NOT SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE FOR THE KIDS HE COACHES.

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE CLOSED I'M GOING TO START CALLING YOU MOTHER F.UCK.ERS. OUT ON YOUR BULLS.HYT IN A MINUTE. STARTING TO **** ME OFF WITH YALL F.UC.K ***** ****.

@I'm james Jackson brother since you pregnant, I won't get you upset anymore

Attachments

• FC637681-0261-4A30-B094-FD99F9266C27.jpeg
    FC637681-0261-4A30-B094-FD99F9266C27.jpeg
    436 KB · Views: 12
Leaders of young men???...Lol...
And Ivins could have been more Professional....Delete a Tweet??...What are you 12yrs old??....Both should be reprimanded...and the MNW Coach or whatever ya wanna call him is a joke.

Situation was handled terribly by both parties. At the end of the day the kids are the ones who are hurt most by stuff like this. Media is the best exposure for kids regardless of how good your program is.

247 is a premier recruiting service. Unless Ivins is sending film to rival schools why on earth would you damage that relationship? I’d be ****ed if my kid was a low profile recruit trying to flash and garner more attention. Ivins can’t say he’s going to look down at kids from that school. That’s f***ed up

Advertisement

[/QUOTE]

relax. it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. recruiting is a circus and its for the giggles

Situation was handled terribly by both parties. At the end of the day the kids are the ones who are hurt most by stuff like this. Media is the best exposure for kids regardless of how good your program is.

247 is a premier recruiting service. Unless Ivins is sending film to rival schools why on earth would you damage that relationship? I’d be ****ed if my kid was a low profile recruit trying to flash and garner more attention. Ivins can’t say he’s going to look down at kids from that school. That’s f***ed up

it does make sense that a person can't write up a great review about a kid he can never see bc of the AD and administrators. he shouldn't have engaged w the street agent tho.

Andrew Ivins has nothing to do with how the players are ranked on 247. He is a journalist that calls kids up and ask what their favorite food is and get fluff for the school he is covering. He gives the people above his opinion but he doesn't control the outcome of rankings.

I'm not going to argue with you over MNW after this post. You think they have talent like St Thomas. You think because they won a state title that makes them talented. They had 5 losses and i know who smacked their *** around.

The last top player we got from there was Artie Burns. Hopefully Fleming is the next but over 10 year span. We might be able to say we got two of their best players.

I agree Atwell would've been better than Ezzard. Yet that doesn't put him, Bethal or Brooks on Burns/Flemings level. Losing the top players and landing the marginal guys doesn't make you a feeder school. Not every 3 star will turn out like Baker.

Losing the top kids?. Which battle have we lost at MNW?. Other than Amari Cooper who was a Um f*ck UP AGAIN.

I dont think they have talent like STA (There isnt 2 teams in the state that does), you were the 1 that stated they needed to joing the arms race...which was comical considering they just won back to back state champs. Not sure what they need to join the arms race for they have been doing pretty solidly. Their job is to win states ..not rankings.

After Artie Burns they had a little down time when central took over but they have hit their stride again. Your spinning it as some thing like we dont get players from there, when your wrong. I honestly think you dont know what a "feeder" school is so i'll leave it at that. Your likely the only person on this board that doesnt view MNW as a feeder school for UM.

Advertisement

First off, I don’t have a dog in this fight. But if what you are saying were the case he wouldn’t have used the adjective “glowing” when he made his statement.

By saying “do you think I’m going to leave a glowing review” he was clearly implying that he wouldn’t leave a good review for MNW kids because of this incident. If he meant it the way you are taking it, he would have said “how am I going to leave a review” or “do you think I’ll be able to leave a review” or even just “do you think I will leave a review”, but by adding in “glowing” it completely changes the intent.

Ivins was definitely trying to pull his power card, kind of like MNW did apparently.

First off, I don’t have a dog in this fight. But if what you are saying were the case he wouldn’t have used the adjective “glowing” when he made his statement.

By saying “do you think I’m going to leave a glowing review” he was clearly implying that he wouldn’t leave a good review for MNW kids because of this incident. If he meant it the way you are taking it, he would have said “how am I going to leave a review” or “do you think I’ll be able to leave a review” or even just “do you think I will leave a review”, but by adding in “glowing” it completely changes the intent.

Ivins was definitely trying to pull his power card, kind of like MNW did apparently.
EXACTLY...

Thanks for the analysis

Advertisement

Pretty **** clear. Don't know why people are trying to give him a pass with that comment.

You left the all Caps button on again..point well taking tho

@CaneSince4Ever ivins NEVER threatened to write a negative. that is a fact. he said if an all star rep asked him about an MNW player do you think he was going to write a glowing review? meaning, how can I write a review if I have no access to their games
This is such a weak take IMO. Go back and look at exactly how Ivins phrased that tweet. And mind you, it was in response to being threatened with the be careful or this could cost you a lot more than a spring game:

"A lot more than a spring game? The next time a major all star game asks for my opinion on a MNW kid do you think I'm going to leave a glowing review?"

If he was simply saying "I won't be able to write a good review if I'm not able to watch the kids live", he absolutely would NOT have phrased it that way. The phrase "You think I'm going to leave" and his decision to use the term "glowing" there speak volumes and clearly reveal his intent with that statement. He got his panties in a wad and fired back an immature threat to an immature threat. Those of you are who are trying to argue that he did not mean he would impact the kids' reviews there are either being mindblowingly naive or BS'ing for your own agenda. There is no question what he meant when he wrote that. It was impulsive, uncalled for, and dumb as ****. And he knows that, which is why he erased it shortly thereafter.

Now I don't think Ivins actually would intentionally hit a MNW kid re his reviews in return for this. I think it was nothing but a stupid barb thrown back in the midst of all the drama when he was understandably really ****ed and being attacked by that ex-coach MNW ****wit. He got threatened, so he impulsively used the main ammo he could think of to fire a threat at MNW back. But the spin job going on by some here re that comment is equally as dumb. No sane person would think "The next time a major all star game asks for my opinion on a MNW kid do you think I'm going to leave a glowing review" was intended to mean "I can't write good reviews if I can't watch them live". C'mon, man.

Advertisement
Back