OT: Is It Happening? Alabama in Hot Water

Lori Laughlin is the centerpiece of the Hallmark station. She is in one of the most popular weekly series as well as a second series that shoots about 6-8 shows per season. She is most definitely relevant. I know this because it is on in my house every Sunday night on two stations....... My wife and daughter love her show...

I had no idea to be honest, but being on a popular hall mark station series is not what I would consider "hollywood elite" lol. Her estimated net worth is 20 mil.

The point i'm making is this was not big time owners of companies, Big time wall street guys, and the super celebs. This was mid level wealthy people getting busted.

Advertisement
Not talking about Aunt Becky. Actually, she is huge on the Hallmark Channel. Only know that because my boss (wife) told me. Her husband is actually more loaded and probably more renown. Quite a few folks with a **** of a lot of money on that indictment list.

You think anybody outside of Tuscaloosa knows who the GM car dealer is who is funding 25% of the Tide football roster?:cool:

I was unaware of that, but even so her net worth is only 20 mill. Her husbands is only 80 . 20 mill is not hollywood elite and 80 mill is not even close to business owner elite.

I agree with your sentiment. If the feds want to bust tide football they are not going to care about some dealership owner.

I was just trying to say that when people talk about untouchable elite. They are talking about billionaires who have political and social connections that make them untouchable. Not some new money people worth less than a 100 mil.

These people got caught because they tried to ***** over the real rich.

When billionaires donate wings to the school to get their kids accepted. No one bats an eye.

When people worth 80 mill pay pay 500k to SAT people, low level coaches, and random members of the school staff. They are cutting out the big dogs at the school and that is why it ruffled feathers.

It takes a very simple mind to think a college football coach is handing out bags.

Not the coach. Not the school - only boosters and booster bag men - for a very good reason - plausible deniability.

Butch was never suspected of paying anyone - anywhere - any time.

Get your **** straight.

Can you read? Did it say he handed out bags? Did it say no college does this? I loved what Butch did here, I don’t think he would have been a good fit coming back. He was there during the time frame this guy is claiming to have paid players on his team. Anywhere anytime doesn’t fit in this.

Anytime there is a cheating scandal in any sport you can be certain UNC will be involved. It’s amazing they have to cheat to be that bad at football and it always surprises me how they walk away clean and how @JBCanes-NC continues to root for them with such a passion.
MOZ disagrees with this post.....we never cheated when we ran the 4 corners........

Wrong sir he was exonerated for the grades scandal never anything for players getting paid. He has been at three colleges as a HC and two of the three have been found guilty on some level of paying players. That’s not assassinating his character. Also don’t know him personally to like or dislike him. Like what he built here (paying for the players or not) he made my time at the University a blast.

If you think Butch was involved in the class scandal at UNC and not a scape goat for the basketball team. Than please DM me. I have a great way for you to turn 1,000 dollars into 100,000 dollars.

Advertisement
It's time for Alabama to enter the probation portal. Leave your Championship trophies at the door, as they are being taken back. Georgia, you are on deck.

One can only hope Bama finally gets caught up. But we all know Nick Saban will suck some NCAA slong and this will blow over quick.

Advertisement
RICO? LOL!
Any lawyers on here care to comment the magnitude of an investigation that would have to take place in order for a judge to agree to this.
RICO give dudes like at least 30-40 years and up.
The manpower and money associated to go ahead with an investigation like that is pretty hefty.
Someone would have had to spill the beans and uncover a huge ammount of tax evasion or fraud.
And I mean huge.
Can you imagine the attorney generals office in Alabama getting a visit from the fbi about investigate bama football?
If you think saban doesn’t get a call within 30 minutes your crazy. How many lawyers, paralegals etc are bama fans in that state? How many judges and prominent lawyers have suits or expensive season tickets in that stadium?
The legal community is small. It’s even smaller in the south.
Dude, this is big enough of a cause for the Feds to bring a Rico suit. I havent practiced in years, and in law school I got the highest grade in my civil RICO class but I have admittedly forgotten a ton on the requirements so I'll need help with it, but I think they could go that route if they want to.

I'll need help with predicate acts and elements but if 2 people are conspiring / involved in payments of valuables not being reported to the feds and there is any use of banking, communication or interstate means of commerce, I think... they're in the ball game. And i think the Feds can bring it without needing a local or state government to do it.

If this isn't big enough of a cause for the Feds to bring a RICO case, what is? If they'll go after BBall and Adidas, football is even bigger.

Last edited:
Not to mention extortion, murder, and whole bunch of other nasty things. Sorry Soprano fans, this isn't a RICO case. Ever.
Civil RICO doesnt require those nasty acts. That said, if they find anyone in the scheme acting coercively, there's that and they still might be able to go criminal on it, I'm not certain though. Like I said, I haven't practiced in years. @TheOriginalCane would likely know something about this as he seems to know a wide variety of legal principles. I was a zoning / development guy.

Last edited:
Dude, this is big enough of a cause for the Feds to bring a Rico suit. I havent practiced in years, and in law school I got the highest grade in my civil RICO class but I have admittedly forgotten a ton on the requirements so I'll need help with it, but I think they could go that route if they want to.

I'll need help with predicate acts and elements but if 2 people are conspiring / involved in payments of valuables not being reported to the feds and there is any use of banking, communication or interstate means of commerce, I think... they're in the ball game. And i think the Feds can bring it without needing a local or state government to do it.

If this isn't big enough of a cause for the Feds to bring a RICO case, what is? If they'll go after BBall and Adidas, football is even bigger.
From your mouth to gods ears.

From your mouth to gods ears.
Lol. I could be wrong... I'm way out of practice. I do know that a bumch of the required elements are simple, like 2 people conspiring via interstate communications (texts???) to do something illegal like fraud so im thinking tax fraud. I need a lifeline here. 😆

Advertisement
I was unaware of that, but even so her net worth is only 20 mill. Her husbands is only 80 . 20 mill is not hollywood elite and 80 mill is not even close to business owner elite.

I agree with your sentiment. If the feds want to bust tide football they are not going to care about some dealership owner.

I was just trying to say that when people talk about untouchable elite. They are talking about billionaires who have political and social connections that make them untouchable. Not some new money people worth less than a 100 mil.

These people got caught because they tried to ***** over the real rich.

When billionaires donate wings to the school to get their kids accepted. No one bats an eye.

When people worth 80 mill pay pay 500k to SAT people, low level coaches, and random members of the school staff. They are cutting out the big dogs at the school and that is why it ruffled feathers.

Donating a building is not illegal. What these yahoos did is illegal on many accounts. If the Feds really want to get involved, then there is nothing that corrupt organization in Indianapolis can do about it. Nobody is untouchable if the Feds would to put the screws on somebody. Whether they weather it or not it is a tough road.

You guys already know how this turns out.

Miami has a convicted felon "booster" who testified in court that he gave free boat rides but no money..... lack of institutional control. Sanctions. Clouds.

Alabama has a convicted felon "booster" who testifies in court that he paid players..... nothing to see here, move along people.

They will skate. Alabama is above the law. Even the Feds can't touch them.

Everybody knows they're paying players. Everybody. Alabama lands whatever recruits they want. And it ain't because Nick Saban is such a smooth talker, or that Tuscaloosa is such a beautiful place to live.

It's bags. Fat, beautiful bags of loot. That's how they're landing everybody. And it's not just this one guy. It's a whole network of boosters, with the full knowledge of the coaches and the school itself.

Nothing is going to come of it. This will be swept under the rug, and it will be business as usual by the time the season starts.
I don't know player... this ain't 2001... people gonna keep asking questions.

Advertisement
At worst this has “rogue boosters” and “the players who recieved the benefits are no longer at the school,” written all over it. Slap some small scholly penalties on Bama and the big boys and let it go. The NCAA will go to their grave battling this and trying to cover it up. The whole system will come down if the bagmen are brought to light

What do u mean? Jeff isn't the AG anymore.

You gotta be kidding me DRL..Really?? Jeff's gone!!

So what happened to him?? Did trump BARR him from being AG??

And all this time I just thought Jeff just put on a lot of weight all of a sudden.

Thanks man since I didn't see it posted here I didn't know...🙄.

Seriously Rev cmon man ... I guess that one went right by you huh ...its ok we're cool

Last edited:
If you think Butch was involved in the class scandal at UNC and not a scape goat for the basketball team. Than please DM me. I have a great way for you to turn 1,000 dollars into 100,000 dollars.
I’ve clearly said he was fired to save face but under his watch it happen. Why $1,000, I’ll send you $10000 and you can turn it into $1,000,000 for me

Can you read? Did it say he handed out bags? Did it say no college does this? I loved what Butch did here, I don’t think he would have been a good fit coming back. He was there during the time frame this guy is claiming to have paid players on his team. Anywhere anytime doesn’t fit in this.

Yes, but look at what you have to think with.

I'd have loved to see Butch back - he was a great fit - great recruiter, great program builder - but we have Manny, and I love what I've seen him do and the fire he burns with.

My first sentence - I was only joking -

Mostly.

Advertisement
Back