OT is back???

Advertisement
I think some of you are forgetting that Clements was a pretty **** good HS RB. Now I know that HS stats and **** mean nothing in regards to college, but the kid is talented. He's a very good 3rd down back, and if healthy, will play a role in our running game.

People forget his Soph year he finished the season as the third down back and used in short yardage situations . Al continually gave him props for being the best rb in these areas and also great on st's.

Even though he wasn't the biggest guy he always ran hard and moved the pile.

OT did the small things really well and some fans don't notice that.

Getting him back is most definitely a positive.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm glad OT is back. He will definitely surprise those of you who thinks he adds nothing to the team besides morale boosting. SMH

We're completely screwed if Duke goes down.

this is true. none of the other backs are even remotely close to a #1 RB.

I dont know what you guys are seeing in Hagens. the guy is a FB straight up. he is not a RB.

the FR kid Edwards could be a #1 RB but he is a complete unknown at this point. we know that Dallas, OT, and Hagens are not though (and the other kid Dillard does not look like an everydown back to me at all)

Advertisement
People forget his Soph year he finished the season as the third down back and used in short yardage situations . Al continually gave him props for being the best rb in these areas and also great on st's.

Even though he wasn't the biggest guy he always ran hard and moved the pile.

OT did the small things really well and some fans don't notice that.

Getting him back is most definitely a positive.

He was our best short yardage back until Duke got here.

The injury was very unfortunate. Like ARJB said, he was very good in high school and he got hurt as he started to see more playing time and seemed to gain some traction.

And with Duke, Dallas, Clements, Hagans, I would say our backfield is VASTLY underrated by our own fans.

Huh? take Duke out of the equation and this is one of the worst backfields in the ACC. Lets not get Kendall Thompson fever about Dallas Crawford just yet. and OT is a good 3RD OPTION. hagans is a good blocking fullback.

Huh? Take the best RB out of any team in the ACC save FSWho and tell me what backfield is that much better than what we have.

Hagens ran for over 3000 yards in HS. Would love to see him get 5+ carries a game.

I agree. He looked like a sledgehammer in the spring game and unlike not touching the qb, they were trying to lay some licks on rb's.
Clements back may be good for morale and the locker room but all he does is add depth just in case something tragic happens to 4 rb's in front of him.
Good special teams player but not much of a running back.
In 3 years he's had less than 190 yards total.
Before he got hurt he was our short yardage back which I never understood.
He's 190lbs and Hagens is 250.
Good guy. Good Teammate. Good ST player. Shouldn't get any carries as a rb this year over Duke, Dallas, Hagens, Gus or Corn.

you are telling me Gus, Hagens, and Corn all better than Clements? OH LAWD. The guy is injury prone but the guy is a beast. You will be one of the dudes surprised when he rushes for 4-5 ypc this year. Its his time.

Just what has Clements done in college to make you believe he's a beast, or even deserving of being in the 3 deep? 4-5ypc at the end of the game in a blowout doesn't mean much. I am not one of the people who think we should save the miles on Duke for the pro's. I say we keep Duke in until he waves to the sideline. If we only have Duke for 3 years I say let's not waste this time.
Duke terrifies opposing coaches. Clements makes them relieved.
As I said, Good Guy, Great Teammate, a Good Cane but if we need him to carry any type of load this year then we will be in trouble.

He has done more in college than corn or Gus. I'm not saying he's all world but he was a heavily recruited running back from south Florida who has had injury problems. You are saying corn elder and Gus Edwards will automatically be better because Clements sucks? Is he a waste? Or are they just that much better than OT?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back