OT: IMG

IMG hires some of the best teachers in the world, and they pay them pretty dam well. At least twice as much as a regular public school teacher make. The basically took the European Soccer model of identify young talent and providing them a platform for both parties to profit. Not sure why people are surprised that College Football is big business. We're talking about a billion dollar entity within this sport alone. Not sure if the person that made that post understand the mechanisms behind capitalism. This will probably happen in the NBA first, but I guarantee you'll start seeing Teams with their own schools and platforms to funnel those young athletes under. I can see that league doing away in the draft in about 10 years, and going to a straight European model of getting talent.

you-dont-say (1).gif

IMG Academy Teacher Salaries in Bradenton, FL
6 Salaries Updated May 7, 2018
Avg Base Pay $42,690
Avg Total Pay $43K
Avg Additional Pay$1,501
https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/IM..._IE234080.0,11_KO12,19_IL.20,29_IC1154335.htm

Salary for Public School Teacher in Bradenton, FL | Salary.com

NOT TRUE : So I must beg to differ.
even using the same site that I found the IMG info and searching for Bradenton it comes up Sarasota area and even that is higher than what is paid at IMG.

Stating that its 2X regular public schools is simply false

IF quality is attached or highly correlated to salary that implies IMG teachers are scrubs that the public school system won't hire. What say you?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back