OT: Hugh Frieze - definition of scumbag

Come on Jedd, I tihnk we can agree Freeze hasn’t proven himself to be a person of high character. Now maybe who cares in coaching, but lets frame the argument where it should be.
Does anyone care whether their school’s coach is a good person with some, not a lot, but some redeeming values outside of coaching? Freeze has no obvious redeeming values outside of coaching ability.
The problem with dudes like Freeze is they eventually crash and burn. So, yeah, maybe you get a nice 3-5 year run if you're lucky, but you also get a mess at the end. So, yeah, character doesn't matter a whole lot in terms of wins and losses but in terms of sustained leadership and stability, it becomes a problem at some point and it's left to others to pick up the pieces and start over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Come on Jedd, I tihnk we can agree Freeze hasn’t proven himself to be a person of high character. Now maybe who cares in coaching, but lets frame the argument where it should be.
Does anyone care whether their school’s coach is a good person with some, not a lot, but some redeeming values outside of coaching? Freeze has no obvious redeeming values outside of coaching ability.
I get that he's no model citizen; I'm just annoyed by the hand-wringing.

Advertisement
Back