OT: How many players on our current 2 deep could go to Bama and start or push for PT?

All of Miami's starters would start at Alabama. This can be proven as soon as all of our starters transfer to Alabama.

Why do these threads exist?

Advertisement
ROSIER can push for time at Qb
Donaldson can start
Richards can start
JEFF THOMAS can start
Mark Pope is he lives up to his billing can start
Same with Jordan
JOE Jackson can Start
all our other ends can push for OH
Willis can start
Ford can push for PT
Shaq starting
Pinkeny start/push
McCloud push
Johnson can start
bandy push
Jackson start/push
Redwine push
DJDallas push
HOMER push

rosier push for time?

hahaha

ROSIER can push for time at Qb
Donaldson can start
Richards can start
JEFF THOMAS can start
Mark Pope is he lives up to his billing can start
Same with Jordan
JOE Jackson can Start
all our other ends can push for OH
Willis can start
Ford can push for PT
Shaq starting
Pinkeny start/push
McCloud push
Johnson can start
bandy push
Jackson start/push
Redwine push
DJDallas push
HOMER push

I stopped reading after Rosier. Rosier would be getting a medical retirement scholarship if he was on Alabama. Saban wouldn't even let him in the film room.

Advertisement
Interesting question. Without knowing Bama's depth chart, and only picking from players who we have seen production from:

Joe Jackson, JT, AR, probably Shaq as starters. Garvin possibly with another good season.

Jaquan & Bandy would push for minutes. Both those guys are like Marcus Smart on the Celtics - they would shine on a roster full of talented players as being the guys that just have the "it" factor.

The rest of the guys being named in this thread, I'm not so sure. They win the championship every year and load 5 stars 3 deep. We have a few nice pieces, but we have a long ways to go to match Bama's talent level.
Jaquan Johnson and Michael Jackson are both top 3 in the country at their position “but they won’t start for bama” after they lost basically their entire secondary

Just because I'm really sick of the Bama talk, I'll answer the question but use Clemson instead:

Starters or signifiant PT:
Richards
Homer
Joe Jack
Mike Jack
Shaq
Jaquan

Rotational PT:
Garvin
Pinckney
Dallas
Bandy
Thomas

By midseason depending on actual production you might could add Willis, maybe one of our frosh TEs (talent is certainly there), and I think Derrick Smith at Striker personally.

I don't know enough about Clemson's OL but I'ma go out on a limb and say...no.

Of course, if QB#1 isn't on the list, none of this matters =P

You're severely overrating Clemson's talent level. I'd take Miami's 3rd string WRs over their starters, for example. Or look at Van Smith who was their starting safety for 2 years, declared early for the draft and barely had a cup of coffee with the Bucs as an UDFA. I've already seen tweets from draft insiders mentioning how their DL is very overrated as well - NFL scout calls Clemson defensive line 'overrated' - and I agree.

They are a well coached team though. Better defensive schemes and offensive execution (QB and OL) are the gaps that need bridging.

Advertisement
I still have yet to see why Donaldson, Homer, Thomas, Richards, Gauthier, J Jackson, Garvin, Pinckney, Shaq, Mike Jackson, and Jaq Johnson wouldn't start at Bama. This inferiority complex by ***** Miami fans has to stop. lol.

Advertisement
And our WRs will be a non factor. U guys thinking about bama as a whole we talking position and as a QB Malik is way better than Hurts

No...I never said anything about the WRs. Hurts is a better runner than Malik. Fact. Hurts can throw better than Malik. Fact. Tua is better then both of them.

Rosier is a better qb than Hurts...i dont even see what the argument is about. Hurts ifhe transfers ...would go to some middling mid major program.
Their wr group doesnt impress.

I still have yet to see why Donaldson, Homer, Thomas, Richards, Gauthier, J Jackson, Garvin, Pinckney, Shaq, Mike Jackson, and Jaq Johnson wouldn't start at Bama. This inferiority complex by ***** Miami fans has to stop. lol.

Some fans do have an inferiority complex but some are also just as delusional.

They play a completely different scheme on defense so I don't think the DL should be included. If you were to include them, Joe would have to gain 20-30 lbs to play on their line and increase his strength. The same with Garvin who shouldn't be a candidate considering he hasn't even started here. Would agree on everyone else except Gauthier, unless he plays OG, since they already have a pretty good Center.

Advertisement
Rosier is a better qb than Hurts...i dont even see what the argument is about. Hurts ifhe transfers ...would go to some middling mid major program.
Tbh most of their roster doesn't look impressive. OL seems to be the best group. They seem extremely young at LB and secondary and basically no depth behind their starters on the DL(they have a Calais clone that starts for them). That coaching staff will have them in the thick of things though

Lol at their wr group doesn’t impress you. Top 5 in the country. Rosier is better than hurts but he isn’t more talented than tua

Lol at their wr group doesn’t impress you. Top 5 in the country. Rosier is better than hurts but he isn’t more talented than tua

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back