OT: How many players on our current 2 deep could go to Bama and start or push for PT?

Hurricane23

Sophomore
Premium
So I was having this discussion with a friend who's a Bama fan, he gave us pretty good compliments saying we have a lot of young talent, and that Miami is starting to look like Miami again. He grew up in Florida so he watches a lot of Miami football, told me he sees about 12 players that could come to Bama and push for PT. What you guys think.

Advertisement
Not familiar with Baga's depth chart, so I don't know about Homer or Willis, but Joe Jax would be in the pass rush rotation at a minimum.
Good one. Can't believe I forgot Joe Jack. Garvin has the potential to play for any team also

Advertisement
Depends. Saban isn't interested in playing 240 lb defensive ends and we aren't interested in playing 300 lb defensive ends.

Advertisement
How in the **** are people putting Willis in there? Bama produces a ton of defensive linemen. Willis to this point is a hope and a dream who hopefully pans out for us.

If you're putting him in, you might as well add Hightower. In the same breath add Nesta. Possibly Lorenzo as well. Outside chamce on Jordan, but very limited reps this year.

Just because I'm really sick of the Bama talk, I'll answer the question but use Clemson instead:

Starters or signifiant PT:
Richards
Homer
Joe Jack
Mike Jack
Shaq
Jaquan

Rotational PT:
Garvin
Pinckney
Dallas
Bandy
Thomas

By midseason depending on actual production you might could add Willis, maybe one of our frosh TEs (talent is certainly there), and I think Derrick Smith at Striker personally.

I don't know enough about Clemson's OL but I'ma go out on a limb and say...no.

Of course, if QB#1 isn't on the list, none of this matters =P

My boredom with Alabama has reached unattainable heights. I know its the offseason but **** man how can you guys still talk about that **** all the time

Because we’ve got a bunch of front runners who ****ride whoever’s hot. Which means Bammer slurping aplenty the last few years.

I mean this thread is the epitome of a Bama suckoff: “which one of our shltty players might get to play for the great Alabama (in Keith Jackson voice)”

Oline play is really the only thing keeping us from National Championship level... if our Oline was even w/ Bama's we would beat them and Clemson.

Advertisement
So I was having this discussion with a friend who's a Bama fan, he gave us pretty good compliments saying we have a lot of young talent, and that Miami is starting to look like Miami again. He grew up in Florida so he watches a lot of Miami football, told me he sees about 12 players that could come to Bama and push for PT. What you guys think.

Laughing my *** off. This isn't a ******* D-2 school. We have the talent, Bama just coaches them differently (and uses roids). Most of our defensive front 7 is apples and oranges to them. (3-4 against a 4-3). Our DB's could definitely compete with them. Our Oline has at least 3 that would push to start. Our WR's are all around better, our RB's are different but just as good, our TEs aren't the best but Bama doesn't have any Njoku's walking around right now either.

I think pretty much everyone except Malik and o-line could push for start/PT but we dont lack the talent imo. Coaching(not just head coach) and depth make Alabama what they are and we're still up in the air with both of those.

Advertisement
Thomas, Homer, Donaldson, Gauthier, Richards would all start on offense.

Jackson, Garvin, Shaq, Pinckney, mike Jackson, and Jaquan would all start on defense.

Interesting question. Without knowing Bama's depth chart, and only picking from players who we have seen production from:

Joe Jackson, JT, AR, probably Shaq as starters. Garvin possibly with another good season.

Jaquan & Bandy would push for minutes. Both those guys are like Marcus Smart on the Celtics - they would shine on a roster full of talented players as being the guys that just have the "it" factor.

The rest of the guys being named in this thread, I'm not so sure. They win the championship every year and load 5 stars 3 deep. We have a few nice pieces, but we have a long ways to go to match Bama's talent level.

ROSIER can push for time at Qb
Donaldson can start
Richards can start
JEFF THOMAS can start
Mark Pope is he lives up to his billing can start
Same with Jordan
JOE Jackson can Start
all our other ends can push for OH
Willis can start
Ford can push for PT
Shaq starting
Pinkeny start/push
McCloud push
Johnson can start
bandy push
Jackson start/push
Redwine push
DJDallas push
HOMER push

ROSIER can push for time at Qb
Donaldson can start
Richards can start
JEFF THOMAS can start
Mark Pope is he lives up to his billing can start
Same with Jordan
JOE Jackson can Start
all our other ends can push for OH
Willis can start
Ford can push for PT
Shaq starting
Pinkeny start/push
McCloud push
Johnson can start
bandy push
Jackson start/push
Redwine push
DJDallas push
HOMER push
You probably like us to go 12-0 this year, right?

Advertisement
Back