OT-How Kirby Smart got Georgia this far this fast

who cares because its not Miami. **** this make believe playoff. Its one team who deserves to be there vs a team that opinions put there. I will learn about the outcome of the "playoff" the same way I learned about UGA v. Okl AND Clem v. Bamer.....via Canesinsight. I refuse to watch that **** show they cvall a playoff....its a ****ing extra game

Maybe the opinion should have been replacing Clemson with OSU the way the "opinion" team dismantled them.

Bama lost to a rival, at the end of the season, with a sht ton of injuries. You saw what they are when healthy. I'm no Bama fan, but I do believe in putting in the best four no matter if they win a conference title or not, as long as the title winner is a top 5-10 team.

You guys act like Bama was some team in the 15-20 range who was borderline championship caliber.

They didn't win their division , enough said!

I bet you were one of the fans claiming Miami should have been in prior to the Pitt loss, no matter the outcome of the Clemson game. But since CMR sht the bed nobody seems to recall that.

Again, the playoff was put in place for the 4 beat teams. Try to comprehend that fully.

Beat Pitt, we would have been #1 and no matter what the outcome of the acccg, we would have been in the CFP

We got shellacked by Clemson.. ain't no way we were getting in after that.

Advertisement
"We got shellacked by Clemson.. ain't no way we were getting in after that."

The *'s got shellacked by Iowa and still almost made it with 2 L's. We would have gotten in and then gotten shellacked by whoever we went up against, which would've been Clemson.

The entire article shouldve been one sentence.

/ bc of Coach Richts recruits staying giving him a loaded roster of upperclassmen talent... The end.

/ bc of Coach Richts recruits staying giving him a loaded roster of upperclassmen talent... The end.

You guys will go to great lengths to defend MR.....and I bet you are pulling for Bama tonight so it doesn't make MR look even worse.

You guys will go to great lengths to defend MR.....and I bet you are pulling for Bama tonight so it doesn't make MR look even worse.

Im actually rooting for UGa... Mark Richt would've had the same success with this year's UGa team so how does this make him "look worse"? This UGa team is national championship caliber bc of Richt it makes him look good regardless.

Advertisement

Im actually rooting for UGa... Mark Richt would've had the same success with this year's UGa team so how does this make him "look worse"? This UGa team is national championship caliber bc of Richt it makes him look good regardless.

How conveiant for you to tell us all how MR would have accomplished the same thing as Smart has. MR wasted a lot of talent at GA. His zero national titles or title game appearances speaks volumes.

How conveiant for you to tell us all how MR would have accomplished the same thing as Smart has. MR wasted a lot of talent at GA. His zero national titles or title game appearances speaks volumes.

Let me guess Larry Coker is solely responsible for the 2001 national championship too as far as you're concerned.

Let me guess Larry Coker is solely responsible for the 2001 national championship too as far as you're concerned.

Not sure why you pulled that dead rabbit out of the hat. MR was at UGA a very long time. He didn't get as far as Smart. Smart talked better players into staying. MR couldn't get two half azzed DT prospects to stick around. Go listen to interviews of players at UGA and what they say the difference in Smart led teams is. He's a defensive guy and still convinced two of his best players on offense to stick it out. Speaks volumes to me.

I don't mind riding solo on the anti MR train.

Not sure why you pulled that dead rabbit out of the hat. MR was at UGA a very long time. He didn't get as far as Smart. Smart talked better players into staying. MR couldn't get two half azzed DT prospects to stick around. Go listen to interviews of players at UGA and what they say the difference in Smart led teams is. He's a defensive guy and still convinced two of his best players on offense to stick it out. Speaks volumes to me.

I don't mind riding solo on the anti MR train.

Your argument falls flat when you refuse to admit that Kirby is winning with Richts recruits. When Kirby is winning with his own kids then I might be impressed, just like Richt is playing with, mostly, Golden's guys. A two year sample size is too small.

Advertisement

^^^^troll alert...needs a BAND^^^

I live in Atlanta and M.Richt had been complaining about facilities (IPF) finally completed this year. money for staff
and added staff QC guys, Analyst positions. Kirby has 5 guys on payroll who just handle recruiting no surprise top class in country
they also added 60 new employees to football operations staff. I firmly believe that when he interviewed he ( Kirby) said heres what it will cost
and after years of saying NO they ok'd the plan to win a championships UGA has big bucks . the 30 seniors help tremendously
but Kirby is a relentless recruiter and UGA will be a force at a national level and a contender for the playoffs consistently
they are also on the Saban S & C program. Sony Michel breaks more tackles in 1 game than he did his first 3 years at UGA
UGA fans brag about all the RB's squatting 600 lbs.... that does not come from an S&C program......can you say PED's although they are not the only school that takes advantage of a very liberal policy at NCAA level.

I dont know. UGA was loaded with talent his last two seasons there, and yet they were in a state of depravity. Distant third/fourth in the two worst SEC East years ever, getting blown out by Muscvhump, Donkey Teef, Butch jones.

Smart righted the ship quickly, and has recruited like a monster. (Didnt he load up last NSD like it appears he is this year?) He seems to have recruited QBs WAY better than us as well.

I recall Richt just running Chubbs to death (Walton simularity?) and UGA as a very low energy, underachieving team his last few seasons. His SEC East betters then, like Chump, Teef, Jones, the Missouri Coach, were all run out of the division as well, notice. Well, Muschump went to USC.

Advertisement
Kirby Smart is legit.

Y'all can keep knocking him until y'all figure it out ... Kind of the way things happened with Dabo. Wasn't too long ago people couldn't understand why Miami was dominating a guy who'd never even been a coordinator ... Now, Dabo is approaching (not really) Saban and Meyer status. And he's on the list (really) to be amongs the top coaches for the next decade.

I expect Smart to do the same. Win or lose tonight, he's legit. And if UGA actually wins ...??? Watch out! Can't even imagine what those recruiting classes will look like in 2019 and 2020.

Kirby Smart is legit.

Y'all can keep knocking him until y'all figure it out ... Kind of the way things happened with Dabo. Wasn't too long ago people couldn't understand why Miami was dominating a guy who'd never even been a coordinator ... Now, Dabo is approaching (not really) Saban and Meyer status. And he's on the list (really) to be amongs the top coaches for the next decade.

I expect Smart to do the same. Win or lose tonight, he's legit. And if UGA actually wins ...??? Watch out! Can't even imagine what those recruiting classes will look like in 2019 and 2020.

I still say Radio made Dabo. Clemson was a clown college in his early years. Wasnt till he started outrecruiting Radio, and winning with a QB they picked at random out of the stands to end our season that he started to get a name. Remember Radio kicking off to CJ with one second left in the half? :O

And, yeah, Richt left the cupboard stocked with talent. No doubt!

Combine that with an athletics department starved enough to get to the next level that they gave Smart whatever he asked for ... And you have tonight's challenger for Bama.

Kudos to Kirby for making the most of his opportunity! He's validated UGA's investments!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back