OT-How Kirby Smart got Georgia this far this fast

Advertisement
First of all, He's got 31 seniors. I could stop right there. He's also got a two headed monster at RB. The SEC East is not the strongest division. And honestly, he's really not done anything that Mark Richt didn't do by year 2. There just wasn't a playoff back then.

ESPN is loving Georgia's present success. Allows them to drum for the SEC while taking shots at our coach.

Inherited a team loaded with talented upperclassmen during a period where the rest of the SEC East was hot garbage. It's really that simple.

Advertisement
I'm a fan of Richt and glad he's here. He's done things in his first two years that we haven't done at all or haven't done in years. Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and the complacency that set in at UGA.

I always felt players adopt the character of their HC and the intensity or lack of in practice. Not saying it's an absolute, but I believe coaches who keep players on edge and their intensity up get more out of their teams. I like head coaches who are waiting too jump in your ***** when you come to the sideline (Saban/Smart). Always uncomfortable with coaches who seem to just be watching the game with head phones on.

Inherited a 10 win team filled with kids who would be the cornerstone of his 2017 team. Won 8 games his first year. His season is anchored around avenging a beatdown against Auburn. Struggled to beat Notre Dame. Beat an overrated Oklahoma team that struggled to beat a one-win Baylor team and won a lot of close games against pedestrian teams. And Lincoln Riley soiled the bed in overtime. I particularly love the reverse to Smallwood to the short side of the field on 3rd and 2.

Newsflash, Alabama is going to do everything they can to shutdown their run game and force Fromm to beat them. I'd suspect that Georgia is going to get embarrassed Monday evening. No way Satan is losing to his disciple in a big game.

Advertisement
First of all, He's got 31 seniors. I could stop right there. He's also got a two headed monster at RB. The SEC East is not the strongest division. And honestly, he's really not done anything that Mark Richt didn't do by year 2. There just wasn't a playoff back then.

Exactly. He is doing this because A. and most importantly Richt left the deck stacked AF and B. he is proving to be a really good coach just like the guy he came after. Props to him but boy I am glad we got Richt. IN year 2 of the rebuild we were in playoff hunt in December !!!

I think it’s the mentality developed in the youth leagues.

We can say that all y'all want but Richt got fired when those seniors were sophomore and redshirt sophomores. Georgia is recruiting at an Alabama level. Richt pulled top 5-7 classes but Kirby is pulling top 3 classes.

Yeah, I laughed the other day when one of those cucks said that Kirby had changed the "culture" of the Georgia program?

So what was their culture and what is their culture now?

Advertisement

We can say that all y'all want but Richt got fired when those seniors were sophomore and redshirt sophomores. Georgia is recruiting at an Alabama level. Richt pulled top 5

if it weren't for Richt, those seniors wouldn't be at Georgia.

We can say that all y'all want but Richt got fired when those seniors were sophomore and redshirt sophomores. Georgia is recruiting at an Alabama level. Richt pulled top 5-7 classes but Kirby is pulling top 3 classes.

So Kirby's recruiting in year two is the reason they're in the championship...good to know.

Advertisement
I'm a fan of Richt and glad he's here. He's done things in his first two years that we haven't done at all or haven't done in years. Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and the complacency that set in at UGA.
He left behind a better team than we all thought thats for sure. Doesn't hurt to have so many seniors but his complacency and evidently the work environment set by the ADs and boosters made it a ****** job the last few years.

If he can build a team like that at Georgia then I'm excited for what he can do here.

He has recruited far better than Mark Richt did at Georgia. He's upped the blue chip ratio from about 50 percent when he took over to about 65 percent in just two recruiting classes and that's including his transition class. 3 5 star qbs in a row... That's significant and Georgia's talent, on paper, will only get better after this recruiting class.

Edit: before everyone loses their ****, we're on the way to becoming competitive from a talent perspective. https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...penn-state-miami-recruit-2018-blue-chip-ratio

Last edited:
He replaced a very good coach who left him a treasure trove to mine, which he did well. Had he taken over Donna’s disaster, he would have not done so well. Mark always came up short by he never had a hot mess. Smart’s smartest move was waiting for the right spot to leave Bama for.

Advertisement
Back