OT: How about an OTH (otherthanhiphop) music thread?

Advertisement
Ok I put two versions of this .... Just because..... I mean it's Prince... Do I need a reason??? LOL!!!!!!!
Ok let's face it this was the best Superbowl halftime performance ever... Don't debate me you won't win.. LOL!!

Epic. No debate from me. It’s raining and he doesn’t miss a beat. And how appropriate with his signature song Purple Rain. Extremely underrated guitarist.

Ok I put two versions of this .... Just because..... I mean it's Prince... Do I need a reason??? LOL!!!!!!!
Ok let's face it this was the best Superbowl halftime performance ever... Don't debate me you won't win.. LOL!!

Here’s a fun one with Prince. When Miles Davis started playing music again in the early 80s, he saw Prince as the next James Brown. Prince used to have New Years Eve concerts at Paisley Park. This is a recording of NYE 1987 with Miles sitting in for the show.

One of my great concert regrets is I had tickets to what wound up being the last Prince show ever. They postponed in a week or two when he got “sick” and I wound up out of town for work that later week. My flight home got delayed and I missed the show.

Anyhow, this is a dance party.

Last edited:
I may be old, but I’m not dead...

Latest from Katatonia. Some of their best work.

A7D9A6BC-D253-4819-B2BD-8FA35B7AF576.jpeg

Advertisement
Phish is a polarizing band and one that gets the hippie dip pie ****ery rap. But check this version of Ghost out. A funky tune that goes rock on the night.

Advertisement
So this one isn't music but it just seemed like it fit here for nostalgia sake.... It's a massive playlist and it's funny... like really funny... Hope you enjoy...

OG Rebel....

This last link is the entire playlist of him playing at San Quentin Prison in 1969.... Just crazy he pulled this off...

When country was cool. Did you watch any of the Ken Burns Country Music documentary? It was fantastic.

No I haven't seen it but I'll look it up.... Got tons of time on my hands right now... lol
It is awesome. It starts at the roots of the tree and how the genre started, how different instruments came into it, and then the different styles and regional differences. I thought it was one of his best (along w the Civil War, The War, Vietnam).

Advertisement
Advertisement
It is awesome. It starts at the roots of the tree and how the genre started, how different instruments came into it, and then the different styles and regional differences. I thought it was one of his best (along w the Civil War, The War, Vietnam).
Appreciate the info.. have to give it a go...

Classic Maiden.... I saw this show a month earlier here in Florida at the Sporto on 2/15/85.... I was 14... Freaking blown away by this show...

Advertisement
Back