OT - Houston Astros hit with hard penalties for cheating scandal

Advertisement
I fully expect the media reports to prominently mention that he is a Miami Hurricanes alum. The photo of Cora will definitely show him wearing a UM uniform.
Wait he is a Cane! This is nothing more than a set up. They can't get Trump so they go for the other automatic bad guys -- Canes. Wonder if the called NCAA for advise. Shut down MLB!!!!

No one believes them that their cheating didn't help them win the world series. Obviously it gave them an advantage or they wouldn't have employed the tactics. Get real. They could have lightened their burden by just admitting things like this:

1. Yes, we cheated.

2. Yes, it gave us an advantage.

3. Were we still the better team (over Yankees and Dodgers)? We don't know because we didn't play on equal terms.

I don't get. It's part of the game to decipher signs. That's why the catcher gives multiple signs, if on second they try to prevent you from seeing the sign. In the end pitchers aren't perfect and you still have to hit the pitch you think you stole. I've seen a lot of baseball and the camera shows the catcher and base coaches signaling. You knew Nolan Ryan was coming with the fastball, but could you hit it. Much to do about nothing.

Advertisement
I don't get. It's part of the game to decipher signs. That's why the catcher gives multiple signs, if on second they try to prevent you from seeing the sign. In the end pitchers aren't perfect and you still have to hit the pitch you think you stole. I've seen a lot of baseball and the camera shows the catcher and base coaches signaling. You knew Nolan Ryan was coming with the fastball, but could you hit it. Much to do about nothing.

So we can just let Belicheck start filming opposing teams practices again right?

Gotta be a line between gamesmanship and cheating.

Last edited:
If we're stripping titles , than any title that was won using players that were on PED's needs to be vacated . Any titles won with Roger Clemens, Manny Ramirez, A-Roid, McGwire , etc should be thrown out. Of course, you can probably be sure most teams have been stealing signs, one way or another.

man I can already hear NYers chanting " you are cheaters...you are cheaters ".....everytime one of them come to bat.

And every sound will be taken as them tipping pitches...I can just hear Joe Buck.." man I just heard Bregman fart.That must mean a fastball is coming"

Last edited:
Advertisement

Using your own first hand observations, on the field of play, to pick up signs is gamesmanship. The other team should be better at hiding them.

Using technology to video every pitch and then analyzing it in the clubhouse is different. Takes it from gamesmanship to something else.

Another aspect is how they acted and conducted themselves while they were winning. They were a pretty arrogant, ****y team. They did lots of bat flips and things like that, called out opponents to the media. It's one thing to be that way when you really are the best and worked hard to legit be the best. Like old Canes teams. It takes a different person to not only cheat to win, but then act extra superior about your accomplishments to your opponents.

If we're stripping titles , than any title that was won using players that were on PED's needs to be vacated . Any titles won with Roger Clemens, Manny Ramirez, A-Roid, McGwire , etc should be thrown out. Of course, you can probably be sure most teams have been stealing signs, one way or another.
Not to mention one of baseball's iconic moments, Bobby Thompson's homerun and "THE GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT" call of it was made possible because the Giants had a guy in center field with a telescope relaying the signs.

Major league baseball can ban all electronic devices from the dugout and enforce it with a couple of MLB officials who watch the dugout. But that makes too much sense.

You also look awfully stupid if you think a breaking ball is coming and you get a fastball.

Advertisement
man I can already hear NYers chanting " you are cheaters...you are cheaters ".....everytime one of them come to bat.

And every sound will be taken as them tipping pitchers...I can just hear Joe Buck.." man I just heard Bregman fart.That must mean a fastball is coming"
The fans of the Yankees who got fined in 2017 for using their bullpen phone for something...

Or the fans of the Red Sox who got fined in 2017 for using Apple watches for stuff (before Cora got there)

IF you cant catch someone cheating, officially accuse them or find out that they cheated AFTER ONE WEEK then it's a moot subject to me.

They've already had their parades, got their rings, received and spent their World Series checks. Waaaaay too late to start bringing up objections.

Plus I wouldn't just accuse the Astros until I actually found out how widespread this type of cheating was......For all we know they may have just did it ( cheated) better than the Yanks and Dodgers

WOW! Bellinger just went off..
1581712863827.png

Advertisement
Once the players were given immunity and knew they werent gonna strip them of the title they could careless about apologizing. Theyre not sorry and you could tell by their half assed statements. Even the owner is getting ****y saying "well i did take action I fired the GM and Hinch"

The GM and Manager paid the price....the players should have paid a price as well.

I have a feeling the Astros will be involved in a lot of benches clearing brawls this year.

Bring him back, I miss the old days. Come on. More entertaining. Make an exception forum POLICE. :)

Advertisement
Back