OT - Houston Astros hit with hard penalties for cheating scandal

Advertisement
Advertisement
To me, that's not a harsh enough penalty. As a Yankee fan, the Astros are creeping up to Red Sox level in being a pain in my ***. If you watched Game 6 and 7 of the ALCS in 2017 when the Yankees were up 3-2, you could tell something wasnt right when they went back to Houston. Yankee pitchers couldnt fool anyone in a big moment. Now it all makes sense. Wonder what Pete Rose thinks about this punishment.
That's the only way to beat that Yankees squad. Hope we destroy those fuqs this season

As a Dodger fan, we got ****ed back to back years by this. Not to say the Sox weren't way better than us in 2018 (they were) but that 2017 series still kills me. It sucks to not know whether they lost because of this or not. They were hitting Darvish like they knew it was coming. Maybe he was tipping or maybe they had an old video of him from before, but the whole series was weird af
Astros didn't have a cam in center field in game 7 at your place. Darvish was going something that was tripping his pitches. That's from film study and IMHO is fair game. The cam at their own place isn't.

Advertisement
As a Dodger fan, we got ****ed back to back years by this. Not to say the Sox weren't way better than us in 2018 (they were) but that 2017 series still kills me. It sucks to not know whether they lost because of this or not. They were hitting Darvish like they knew it was coming. Maybe he was tipping or maybe they had an old video of him from before, but the whole series was weird af
I’d be much angrier about 2017 than 2018 if I were a Dodgers fan.

What the Sox are accused of doing isn’t nearly as egregious as what the Astros are accused of.

Plus, as you said, 2017 went seven while 2018 only went five.

Astros didn't have a cam in center field in game 7 at your place. Darvish was going something that was tripping his pitches. That's from film study and IMHO is fair game. The cam at their own place isn't.

Yu got torched in game 3 at their place. Gave up 4 in 1.2. Could have easily recorded and had it for game 7. Idk for sure it just sucks to not know it was played fairly. That being said, Roberts would have found a way to blow it anyway 🤦🏻‍♂️

Advertisement
Yu got torched in game 3 at their place. Gave up 4 in 1.2. Could have easily recorded and had it for game 7. Idk for sure it just sucks to not know it was played fairly. That being said, Roberts would have found a way to blow it anyway 🤦🏻‍♂️
If they recorded earlier then watched and used the info for game 7, that's film study. And fair game. Either Darvish was tipping, or you're saying the Dodgers don't change their signs.

Probably most of what Houston did was fair game, but real time feed and relating the signs is definitely wrong and they got what they deserved.

Advertisement
To me, that's not a harsh enough penalty. As a Yankee fan, the Astros are creeping up to Red Sox level in being a pain in my ***. If you watched Game 6 and 7 of the ALCS in 2017 when the Yankees were up 3-2, you could tell something wasnt right when they went back to Houston. Yankee pitchers couldnt fool anyone in a big moment. Now it all makes sense. Wonder what Pete Rose thinks about this punishment.
Don’t forget who is the architect of this sort of cheating at Houston and Boston. Alex Cora is going to be banned from baseball over this, and Mark Emmert is going to investigate the baseball program here for five years just like football. Timing won’t matter.
Why does this school contribute NOTHING to baseball but a bunch of sleazy ####ups?

Advertisement
Back