OT: Hoops team has LEGIT SWAG

Advertisement
Who hired Laranaga again? lol

I know I know, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

He hired himself. Sent his wikipedia page to Eichorst. He wasn't on our radar.

#TrueStory .

But he did have a connect on the Board who reached out to him, first. That person is the real MVP!

I thought his son told him to contact us. Either way, I'm not crowning Eichorst.
Larranaga had met Miami businessman Jorge Mas while working at a Michael Jordan fantasy camp. It was Mas who called Larranaga when the Miami job opened upon Frank Haith’s departure for Missouri, and it was Mas who asked him to send UM his résumé. Larranaga, though, happened to be in Erie, Pa., at the time, watching his son, Jay, coach a game in the NBA’s Developmental League.

“I don’t travel with my résumé,” Larranaga told Mas.

Jay had an idea. He told his father to cut-and-paste his online Wikipedia biography and submit it as an introduction. Larranaga, who was 14 years into a gig as head coach at George Mason and had taken the Patriots on a Cinderella run to the Final Four in 2006, did exactly that.

Mas saw to it that the document got to the necessary sets of eyes – from Board of Trustees members to athletic director to university president – and soon enough Larranaga was invited to Boston for an interview he didn’t think went particularly well.

Greg Stoda: Miami Hurricanes, Jim Larranaga making each... | www.palmbeachpost.com

Agree with you on Eichorst getting no credit. Coach L, literally, fell into his lap.

Advertisement
Canes hoops also has a legit board to post on at this very same site where the discussion is on topic.

Advertisement
Back