OT Herm Edwards Style of Team Building

The #1 job of a CFB coach is recruiting. Only Pagano, Bienemy, and Bowles have ever recruited. And Bowles was over 20 years ago, at FCS schools.

This is a horrible suggestion and you should stop embarrassing yourself.

I really can't tell if this is serious.

Herm Edwards has a 54-74 regular season record in the NFL and 2-4 in the playoffs.

He is 15-12 in college; 9-10 in conference.

If the idea is to "play the game to win," and I am CONFIDENT Herm agrees it is, then Herm Edwards is, by his own standard, mediocre as all ****.
Herm Edwards the coach has nothing to do with what I'm referring to. I'm referring to the NFL Model but I guess you didn't understand.

Advertisement
guys like bienemy and leftwich are not leaving NFL OC jobs to coach in college. ron rivera is incredibly powerful in washington. todd bowles has the no 1 defense in the NFL and is going to get another HC job. so you're inherently talking about coaches who flamed out in the NFL for not being any good. it's just a terrible idea, sorry. go ask pitt how they liked dave wannstedt or how illinois is enjoying lovie smith.
Dave Was a terrible NFL HC. I think Miami is a place that could do the NFL Model better then just about anyone other then the elite. It's just a idea lol, no right or wrong answer.

Advertisement
The idea is interesting, but coaching 18-20 years old in limited allowed hours breaks the ‘NFL’ model.

I agree with posters saying the University needs to invest more in the program organization. Recruiting, scouting, camps, and analysts. Would like to see a new DC and position coaches on defense. If Manny wants to win big he can’t carry Baker by taking over defensive playcalling on a weekly basis. He needs to be a CEO-type, although focusing on his specialty, defense. Lashlee can handle the offense. And if Lashlee leaves, hire another top OC.

This is off Topic but im curious if you guys think Herm Edwards model of Team Building would work here? Instead of going the normal college building route he implemented a NFL style to his Program. He brought in several former NFL coaches and players. His model is all business and it's about getting you to the NFL and developing you into the best player possible. Since Miami isn't a College town I think this model would work here.

Lol Brah where have you been the last 30 years. We are an Nfl factory...thats the sole reason for kids still coming here. Herm Edwards aint unearthing anything

Advertisement
But I thought Herm could relate to the urban youths of peace and invoke energy into the program because of his ability to ingratiate himself to the ethnic energy that reportedly characterizes homes of color? We were told in that first ESPn fluff piece that he danced with recruits to "old-school hymns", would "discuss hip-hop's connections with community color-vitality," and "even take second helpings of soul food because that was how gamma used to make it."

It is almost like they wanted to establish a narrative. nah, they wouldnt do that.

But I thought Herm could relate to the urban youths of peace and invoke energy into the program because of his ability to ingratiate himself to the ethnic energy that reportedly characterizes homes of color? We were told in that first ESPn fluff piece that he danced with recruits to "old-school hymns", would "discuss hip-hop's connections with community color-vitality," and "even take second helpings of soul food because that was how gamma used to make it."

It is almost like they wanted to establish a narrative. nah, they wouldnt do that.
I thought they would let him go last year after the scandal but maybe he catches on back at espn

Advertisement

Hahaha. I actually remember getting attacked when I said his shtick was cornball heavy and gets tiresome quick and that was just when he was corching Under Armour games with Steve Mariucci. And that nonsense was at least part of the reason he got a college job.

Advertisement
Herm's **** failed spectacularly, even in a weak *** PAC-12 where his only competition was Oregon, USC and Utah

This is off Topic but im curious if you guys think Herm Edwards model of Team Building would work here? Instead of going the normal college building route he implemented a NFL style to his Program. He brought in several former NFL coaches and players. His model is all business and it's about getting you to the NFL and developing you into the best player possible. Since Miami isn't a College town I think this model would work here.
Herm Edwards failed as a HC but I'm still interested about this model of team building. Say you bring a Brian Flores or something to Boston College

Advertisement
Back