OT Herm Edwards Style of Team Building

Mackmiller974

All ACC
This is off Topic but im curious if you guys think Herm Edwards model of Team Building would work here? Instead of going the normal college building route he implemented a NFL style to his Program. He brought in several former NFL coaches and players. His model is all business and it's about getting you to the NFL and developing you into the best player possible. Since Miami isn't a College town I think this model would work here.

Advertisement
We been NFLU for 15 years plus.. Results speak for itself
True, I wonder if they will ever give this model a try. Hire someone like a Ron Rivera, Chuck Pagano, Eric Bienimy, Byron Leftwhich, Todd Bowles, Rex Ryan, Raheem Morris or someone similar. If the Diaz things fails then that should be our next Model to try.

True, I wonder if they will ever give this model a try. Hire someone like a Ron Rivera, Chuck Pagano, Eric Bienimy, Byron Leftwhich, Todd Bowles, Rex Ryan, Raheem Morris or someone similar. If the Diaz things fails then that should be our next Model to try.
**** off - I've suffered 10 years of Ron Rivera. Don't even suggest that.

Advertisement
jesus christ NO

btw herm is 15-14 at ASU i'm good on whatever that model is

the idea that you need an "NFL coach" in order to run an "NFL style" program in college is just wrong. what you need is money. you don't think ohio state is running an NFL style program? clemson? LSU? these schools have huge budgets, entire staffs dedicated to recruiting much in the same way NFL teams have front offices, and state of the art facilities. putting an average to below average NFL coach in charge of a college program w/o the resources to operate like an NFL team is not getting you anywhere.

Advertisement
the idea that you need an "NFL coach" in order to run an "NFL style" program in college is just wrong. what you need is money. you don't think ohio state is running an NFL style program? clemson? LSU? these schools have huge budgets, entire staffs dedicated to recruiting much in the same way NFL teams have front offices, and state of the art facilities. putting an average to below average NFL coach in charge of a college program w/o the resources to operate like an NFL team is not getting you anywhere.
It will work if the coaching is up to par.

guys like bienemy and leftwich are not leaving NFL OC jobs to coach in college. ron rivera is incredibly powerful in washington. todd bowles has the no 1 defense in the NFL and is going to get another HC job. so you're inherently talking about coaches who flamed out in the NFL for not being any good. it's just a terrible idea, sorry. go ask pitt how they liked dave wannstedt or how illinois is enjoying lovie smith.

Advertisement
Biggest thing with pro coaches they don’t want to spend all their time sending text,writing letters and calling 17-18 year old kids...

Advertisement
This is off Topic but im curious if you guys think Herm Edwards model of Team Building would work here? Instead of going the normal college building route he implemented a NFL style to his Program. He brought in several former NFL coaches and players. His model is all business and it's about getting you to the NFL and developing you into the best player possible. Since Miami isn't a College town I think this model would work here.
I really can't tell if this is serious.

Herm Edwards has a 54-74 regular season record in the NFL and 2-4 in the playoffs.

He is 15-12 in college; 9-10 in conference.

If the idea is to "play the game to win," and I am CONFIDENT Herm agrees it is, then Herm Edwards is, by his own standard, mediocre as all ****.

Arizona State is getting better each year and I think we could do that model much better then them.
Uhh they’re not even better than they were under Todd Graham. What are you so impressed about that Herm is doing? They blew a big lead to a USC team who is in a dog fight with the Fighting Kevin Sumlin’s right now.

The #1 job of a CFB coach is recruiting. Only Pagano, Bienemy, and Bowles have ever recruited. And Bowles was over 20 years ago, at FCS schools.

This is a horrible suggestion and you should stop embarrassing yourself.

Advertisement
Back